Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought a 2008 6 mos ago with 121K on it. I believe these are Very solid Jeeps with a lot of Mercedes parts, but I have had a few issues over the 12K I have driven it. I believe these Motors are really solid, someone posted doing 9s at 138 mph in the quarter with a turbo and 250K. My mechanic said the tranny is not the worst tranny and the transfer case is not the worst. Here are the issues I had to fix. Had to have the Transfer Case repaired, but not rebuilt. clutches were solid. Replaced 2 bearings and the shift motor. It made noise during acceleration and was a bit squirrely with the front drive. I think it all cost 1400. Had my water pump replaced and system flushed after a 3000 mile trip. I think that was about 800-900. Now the radiator is leaking, due to age and the increased pressure. But still I see these as typical maintenance items. I don't flog her, but I do run her a bit. I love this Jeep! What a hot rod blast to drive. This is my most favorite ride I have owned and I have had 2 Mustang Cobras. I would buy her again for sure.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.