Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm looking for some advice on a 08 for sale that has every option. It has 150,000 miles but looks well cared for both inside and out and underneath. 3 owners. I plan to go and look at it this Friday.
What should I be looking for? Any issues with high mileage SRT's or any issue at this age? It's all stock, no mods at all.

I have mechanical skills so I'm not afraid of most issues. I just don't want to replace a trans or motor in the next 6 months.

Thanks in advance for any help. I've been waiting 15 years for this dream and I'm trying to stay objective.

Chris

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought a 2008 6 mos ago with 121K on it. I believe these are Very solid Jeeps with a lot of Mercedes parts, but I have had a few issues over the 12K I have driven it. I believe these Motors are really solid, someone posted doing 9s at 138 mph in the quarter with a turbo and 250K. My mechanic said the tranny is not the worst tranny and the transfer case is not the worst. Here are the issues I had to fix. Had to have the Transfer Case repaired, but not rebuilt. clutches were solid. Replaced 2 bearings and the shift motor. It made noise during acceleration and was a bit squirrely with the front drive. I think it all cost 1400. Had my water pump replaced and system flushed after a 3000 mile trip. I think that was about 800-900. Now the radiator is leaking, due to age and the increased pressure. But still I see these as typical maintenance items. I don't flog her, but I do run her a bit. I love this Jeep! What a hot rod blast to drive. This is my most favorite ride I have owned and I have had 2 Mustang Cobras. I would buy her again for sure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Joe!

I bought my wife a new Jeep Liberty back in '02. She won't give it up! I've replaced the radiator and soon a water pump. I also changed out some worn Strut bearings and shocks and the rest has been just oil and fluid changes. For a lower cost vehicle, it's built like a tank. I think Mercedes must of had a hand in it back in the DiamlerChrysler days.
I've been on this site since 2010 just waiting for the financial opportunity to get one.
I hope to be joining a great group of owners soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Buy my 2010 with 154,000 on it. I'm only the second owner and have had it for the past 11 years. All options and everything works. One more enticement...I'll include the balance of the bumper to bumper warranty good through January 2025 and 196,000 miles! Drive it with confidence for the next three years. I would rather sell it to someone on this site.

$29,990!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,155 Posts
If you haven't bought it yet..... there are a few things to look for.

Front diff bushing.... if you hear a clunk when you let off the throttle after jumping on it, chances are the diff bushing is shot. Common issue.

Real main seal.... check for oil leaks ANYWHERE

Other than that they are pretty stout vehicles. Just stay the hell away from 2006's!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.