Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No fun for me anymore not being able to race at tracks period , I am tooooo deep below 11.49 (Roll Bars /Out of the Questions ) ... So my thoughts are going Back N/A and crack Harrison's Record :D .. Some Ideas would be nice .... Also I don't need all this power on the street as all i do is a quick hit to 80-100 tops ... don't need the hassle of being caught at high speeds either .. I can Also Entertain some nice Offers on my Ttrim A+ shape + Dual Walbro Fuel Hat not yet installed ..

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
Why don't you sell it and buy a motor that won't get you kicked out? You can keep the timing conservative to keep you at your kicked out limit.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
cant handle it paulo? Too much car for ya??
I DD drive it and don't remember last time i wot this beast , But i sure can handle it :D

Why don't you sell it and buy a motor that won't get you kicked out? You can keep the timing conservative to keep you at your kicked out limit.
Thought of it Chad , rather Pock the Money and keep my 6.1 , it has what I'm looking for ... High 11's on some special juice ..

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
Thought of it Chad , rather Pock the Money and keep my 6.1 , it has what I'm looking for ... High 11's on some special juice ..
How much longer you think those pistons are going to handle the abuse? Maybe pocket some money and atleast upgrade the pistons.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
haha im just messin with ya bro.

That's the issue with these machines, they quickly become too much for daily use.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well yes I would be upgrading those , springs etc ....

Reactions: cmn1

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
WTF, you are giving up before hitting 10's???

·
Premium Member
3,365 Posts
Paulo, I think all you need to do is just de-tune-it a little. Like going back to the original pulley and other minor things you've done to the Jeep. Right now you are low 11s, to go back to 11.5/11.6 it won't take much. This way you can keep enjoying the SC and will be ok at the track.
Or, drop a couple of 100lbs sand bags in the back... It'll slow you down and no more traction issues :D

Reactions: Knuckles

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
I say keep the blower or ship it to me in the CHI......:D

Reactions: SRT8VIC...

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
This is the reason I stayed 6.1 n/a.

I'd give lpm a call about upgrading the heads if you get rid of the blower. Mine pulls like a raped ape now. Tuning is almost track ready. You'll be one of the first I text with the new track times. ; ).

I wish you goog luck with whatever direction you decide to go.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Good luck with your decision Paulo! I smell a 426.....

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
I ain't got no record. It's Mondo with the 6.1L NA record of 11.5X.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Paulo i here you as the faster you go the faster you want go and going back to N/A you wont have to worry about a roll bar. I can tell you now that without A HEAD PACKAGE in + DA its going to be hard to get into the 11.90s. Any way welcome back to the N/A wars lol.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WTF, you are giving up before hitting 10's???
Maybe Chris .

Mario I think all you need to do is just de-tune-it a little. Like going back to the original Stock tune . Right now you are Mid 12s, to go back to 13's it won't take much. .
Or, drop a couple of 100lbs sand bags in the back... It'll slow you down and no more traction issues :D
Fixed it for you ... If i have it I going to run it fast ..

LMAO at he bold statement :D

I say keep the blower and ship it to me in the CHI......:D
ship it this way Paulo hehehe
You two need a tranny first he he

This is the reason I stayed 6.1 n/a.

I'd give lpm a call about upgrading the heads if you get rid of the blower. Mine pulls like a raped ape now. Tuning is almost track ready. You'll be one of the first I text with the new track times. ; ).

I wish you goog luck with whatever direction you decide to go.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Thanks Dave , Funny thing is that We talked about this before , lol and its coming up to it ..

Good luck with your decision Paulo! I smell a 426.....
Thanks man , Not even :(

Paulo i here you as the faster you go the faster you want go and going back to N/A you wont have to worry about a roll bar. I can tell you now that without A HEAD PACKAGE in + DA its going to be hard to get into the 11.90s. Any way welcome back to the N/A wars lol.
Lol Jim have a glass of milk

Stop being a girl and cage your jeep with a rearend in it!
Not happening bro :(

What!?! Paulo do something to his Jeep to make it run SLOWER? I don't buy that for a second! :lol:
Believe it or not man , I'm even having thoughts about dumping it ..

N/A 426, 11.1 compression, and a small cam like a PWR 218/224 so keep the power level down and im sure it will be slower than a 11.49 at full weight
Well for track days my N/A Set up will get me some good 11's for sure on a nice DA ... Or I'll just bolt on a Maggie :D JK fellas

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Just let off the gas at the 1/8th mile mark when on the track :D

1 - 20 of 134 Posts