Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I attempted to update my RER mygig from my 08. Downloaded the latest files and burnt to disk and installed. The update appeared to go fine, however at the end, it appeared to go in a loop always saying Software update, update status: front controller. It shows a tiny amount of progress, then reboots. Ended up disconnecting the unit to get the CD out. Now back together and still stuck in a loop. Any suggestions? I have dico'd the battery, tried all combinations of buttons to get into the unit and no go. What have others done? Im afraid to put another CD in.

· Registered
2020 Dodge Durango SRT
6,054 Posts
I beleive you can reset the system. I don't remember exactly but I know its in the owners manual. Something to do with the IOD fuse and holding down the open/close button for 10 seconds.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive been through the owners manual (pdf version that I can search) and didnt see anything on resetting mygig. Any idea what section of the manual you saw it in?
Ive pulled the two IOD fuses and was able to disco the power but it still wants to run an update when it comes back online.

I beleive you can reset the system. I don't remember exactly but I know its in the owners manual. Something to do with the IOD fuse and holding down the open/close button for 10 seconds.

· Registered
2020 Dodge Durango SRT
6,054 Posts
Found this on wk jeeps.

"To Reset the MyGIG radio it is best to pull the vehicle IOD fuse (with ignition off), instead of unhooking the negative battery cable. This is especially important with models REN and REZ radios. Disconnecting and Reconnecting the battery can cause electrical spikes that may damage MyGIG REN and REZ radios. Once the fuse is pulled, press Open/Close hardkey on upper left of head unit and hold for 10 seconds to discharge the capacitors in the headunit."

· PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
You can also try pressing the seek up, seek down & menu buttons all at the same time. It will bring up a service menu where you can restore to factory defaults. Be careful you can messes it up really bad. I have reset mine without any problems.

Jim

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive tried all the button combinations and not been able to get it out of the loop that its in. From further research I see the loop is somewhat known. It seems to result from taking too big of a jump when doing updates. The loop seems to take over everything which is why I had to take it out of the car and disassemble it to get the CD out. Having done that and been apart for the better part of an hour, wouldnt that have discharged the caps and done the reset that Hawkman is referring to?

You can also try pressing the seek up, seek down & menu buttons all at the same time. It will bring up a service menu where you can restore to factory defaults. Be careful you can messes it up really bad. I have reset mine without any problems.

Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.