Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so, drove the jeep yesterday and everything was working great, get in to head for the girlfriends house this afternoon and no radio, bluetooth, nothing. no jeep emblem, not time display. The cd door won't open.

Got to my gf house and tried putting my tune back to stock, thinking a reset might help... nothing

pulled the fuse thinking that must be it... perfect fuse but I will get a replacement anyway.

pulled battery cables for 10 mins.. still nothing.

Has anyone experienced something similar? If not I guess I am going to the stealership. Warranty is up so I guess I should expect to bend over. I just bought new rubber and Christmas has deflated the balance sheet so any help would be appreciated. :confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jim.

Looks like most of the fixes are to replace the unit. I can't update because I can't even get a disk into the unit.

I am gonna do a bit more reading

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's official the radio is fried. Stealership wants $1800 plus labour to replace it. If anyone has an old one or knows of a better aftermarket unit it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
324 Posts
This happened to me today. No buttons will work, just a black screen. The audio comes out but can not turn up or down. This sucks.

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I ended up picking up a direct replacement for $800 plus shipping from a place in florida. Pm me if you need the name as they are not a vendor here. Took me 10 minx to replace and comes with good instructions. Not sure what dealerships are charging down there but up here they are crooks.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I ended up picking up a direct replacement for $800 plus shipping from a place in florida. Pm me if you need the name as they are not a vendor here. Took me 10 minx to replace and comes with good instructions. Not sure what dealerships are charging down there but up here they are crooks.
Its intermittent now. Once it finally dies will do thank you.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
I think the dealers have an exchange program available where they'll sell you a refurbished one when they take yours on trade. $5-800? My service manager told me about it when I was having some minor issues with mine.

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The best i could get was $1500. and that wasn't installed

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Just curious, but did the radio act funny before this happened? any symptoms?

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
actually yeah it did act up a bit. The nav system would not boot up occasionally but it would always come back after ignition restart. That was the only thing it would do before one day everything just quit.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
The best i could get was $1500. and that wasn't installed
1500.00??? Hell naw! I sold my radio 550.00 and it was barely used..... Installing it is really easy too... If I was you I would look on Ebay.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts