Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Has anyone taken one of these off road?

I'd like to be able to do a little off road stuff, maybe cross a creek or go over some sand to a beach, dirt tracks that might have occasional mud or waterholes.

Not interested in rock hopping or serious mud work.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I've heard of folks taking them on beaches. I think it would be fine but I would avoid really soft sand since the front spoiler sits a little low and could take a beating. Those nice wide tires would do great on sand I would imagine

As for water crossing - no thank you. Couldn't pay me to risk this vehicle crossing a creek.

·
Registered
28 Posts
They are only an inch lower than standard.

I am thinking of modifying mine with a Bull Bar, Sump and Gear Box Guard. side steps with protective rails and traveling around Aus.

Also black matte vinyl coat, currently it is silver.

Look at this You Tube Video, this one does OK on the dirt, well more than OK.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are only an inch lower than standard.

I am thinking of modifying mine with a Bull Bar, Sump and Gear Box Guard. side steps with protective rails and traveling around Aus.

Also black matte vinyl coat, currently it is silver.

Look at this You Tube Video, this one does OK on the dirt, well more than OK.
perhaps an inch lower only, but there is a front air dam restricting angles as well as the side skirts. The Spider Monkeys are light alloy and you have a good chance of cracking them when you hit a hidden rock in a creek etc.

LOL @ the Tube - yeah .. nahh.... driving on hard compact dirt on a level quarry area with the occasional corner in a puddle isnt really 'off-road'.

I've scoured YouTube looking for anything close to driving in soft beach sand or a creek crossing up to the wheel arches .. a few boulders... some troughed out mud tracks... theres nothing for the SRT.
It's just not 4x4 Capable, it has no low range transfer case. Going up a sand hill will bog it everytime just to begin with.

Hence i'm selling my SRT - 7,000KMS - less than a year old. (revisiting these forums for a 'for sale' area.

I bought a MY14 Overland 3.6L - loving it. Ride height adjustment, thicker more comfy seating...

SRT was fun.... but i have a couple of 70s Coupes for some real street appeal & muscle when i feel the need.

cheers

·
Thread Derailer
5,063 Posts
Buying an SRT Jeep and wanting to go off-road is like taking your sister on a date and expecting action at the end of it... Can't do it - it ain't happening and why would you want to? But then you're shrewd - you already know this...lol

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Buying an SRT Jeep and wanting to go off-road is like taking your sister on a date and expecting action at the end of it... Can't do it - it ain't happening and why would you want to? But then you're shrewd - you already know this...lol
u obveuslee aint got kin, like eye dooh, in Kintuckee and West Verginyuh too....:surprise:

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Subtle sister doesn't put out post.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts