Is it yours?

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
care to elaborate??

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
First time seeing these pictures. Painter did an awesome job, looks like it is meant to be there. I'd be curious though on other schemes other than silver.
I agree with everything Johnny said. Painter did an amazing job, and I love the placement on the paint. However, I am not crazy about the silver on the red. I would love to see black. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I think the shape and idea is great, just not my personal top color scheme. I think black on a mineral grey would be awesome though :D

Also, got to find a way to lose the windshield spray nozzles... if its possible to mount the hose to the wiper blades, that would be the way to go. Make it look much cleaner ;)

Props for being original and innovative!! :D

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
It's different.I would have done the scoops black and the top in black including the rear wing to flow through as well black gloss powdercoat the wheels.I painted my last jeep
with silver stripes I had a hell of a time selling it.For me vinyl is more forgiving I was all over the place on colors.I do respect the fact that you do what you want.Here is a picture
of my old Jeep and my color experiments.You should have seen the vinyl guy's face when I said I want flat black ghost stripes instead of silver

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
Beautiful paintwork. Dunno that I like stripes or would have picked silver instead of black, but it looks good, no doubt!

As an aside, what the heck does that clitoris in the middle of the lower air inlet down in the front do, exactly? :p

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Beautiful paintwork. Dunno that I like stripes or would have picked silver instead of black, but it looks good, no doubt!

As an aside, what the heck does that clitoris in the middle of the lower air inlet down in the front do, exactly? :p
lol... its the "eye" for the adaptive cruise control and senses the car ahead of you. ;)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Love the black with the close double silver stripes. I have thought that would look good on my Inferno Red with black stripes.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Huge improvement IMO... makes it looks much more agressive. The stock paint hides the depth of the hood - this highlights it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
more info

care to elaborate??
I've owned my beast for 5 weeks and 2000 miles, and wanted to spice up the vehicle without going too wild. I considered vinyl stripes but decided to go with a professional paint job where the stripes would flow from the two air vents. Originally I was thinking of white, but my paint guy suggested a silver/gray paint that would reflect from bright silver to charcoal gray, depending on the light, just like the wheels. He ran a custom paint shop in LA for 10 years, so I went with his idea. Glad I did. Also, I bought two more SRT8 badges and stuck them on the side. The red in the badges matches the Brembos, so they look like original equipment. An inexpensive mod.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I really appreciate the feedback and pics of other vehicles.

Attachments

·
Registered
665 Posts
Looks good at least you can see the scoops/extractors now . The side emblems I would lose the GRAND CHEROKEE and just leave the SRT8

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Hmm I gotta say I LOVE the scheme but not the color. If they were black instead with a black roof and gloss black powdercoated WK1 22's I'd be splooging?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Looks good at least you can see the scoops/extractors now . The side emblems I would lose the GRAND CHEROKEE and just leave the SRT8
That's exactly what I was thinking. This is a real possibility for mine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.