Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
Stock 2009 Grand Cherokee SRT8. Black with Aluminum rims
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day all,

Up to last summer I had a 2007 GC SRT8, mechanically stock but murdered out. Terrific machine. However, my daughter kept badgering me to sell it to her and I got all soft and, end result, farewell Jeep.

From as soon as I saw it drive away I knew I had made a mistake, so have kept my eye out for a replacement. End result, I now have a 2009 GC SRT8 with 93,987 miles in cherry condition. Appears mostly stock apart from some color enhancement under the hood and a Diablosport Trinity 1006 mounted inside.

The old one had Mopar Corsa pipes but on this one the pipes are unmarked. Underneath I see no resonators just two long mufflers...the exhaust note is not what it should be, very muffled. Do any of you have comments about what type of exhaust this maybe? stock or aftermarket.

Thanks. I'll post this technical stuff with some more questions in a technical space. Regards, Ian

Attachments

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Newton, just south of Manitowoc... Before winter is done I'm thinking of Borlas... Taking a few hours a day getting to know the Jeep by deep cleaning. Have cold air induction with K&N on the way...

Thanks for responding...

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No chance. This one is a gem. Only cosmetics are some kerb rash and drivers side rocker panel had some paint blemishes.

Rear window tint is way too dark so have to figure out how to safely remove it with damaging the window heater element.

Jeep goes to local dealership for full lub flush and change to Royal Purple. Cold air intake with K&N filter, new pads. Coolant flush too plus servo oil changes. Going to try and find out what exhaust it jas... Did not see any resonators.

I'm keeping it warm and working on interior treatments.

It really is a nice, well maintained and tidy example... I'm going to treat it to the best most pampered years of its life...

· Registered
1,228 Posts
Nice jeep, looks like it’s fully loaded as it has the second roof antenna above the windshield on the passenger side. Exhaust tips look stock. Did they straighten the pipes when they did the resonator delete? The factory exhaust has one muffler up front on the passenger side, and the pipes make a U shape and come back to the center to exit:

Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I was told it had both option packages fitted. I need to crawl underneath and do a more thorough inspection of the exhaust system.

Thank you for responding and including the picture...

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, so I wriggled under the jeep and it is as 2quic4u pictured... So it is stock. It just seems so quiet compared to my other on which had pipes stamped Mopar Corsa on the tips... I'll leave it for now. Thanks to all who responded.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts