Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My Grand Cherokee SRT 2018, the RPM gets stuck @4000 while revving and removing my leg from the throttle while the car in idle.

The dealership can't find the problem.

Please watch the video to understand.

Thanks.

·
Registered
671 Posts
??Ewww wtf!! Hmm I’m no pro but
Sounds and look’s to meh like a Tb issue , maybe she gettin a lil stuck open’isshh?!? Or the Throttle sensor or even the Throttle cable which i believe is not a cable anymore it electronic!
If dealer had looked at it take it to another and another untill u find a good one that can fix a Slut!Also you sud call the Srt team and Bitch and Moan to them and have em open a Case , Where you’ll have Master Tech’s online w ur dealer and hel
How many miles ?
How many mo’s ?
Can u lemon Law ?
Usually most states is 18mo and 18k miles !

Prolly a Really easy stoopid fix but Dealers are Jerkoffff’s

Neil

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

My Grand Cherokee SRT 2018, the RPM gets stuck @4000 while revving and removing my leg from the throttle while the car in idle.

The dealership can't find the problem.

Please watch the video to understand.

Thanks.
I have been working on SRT’s since more than 10 years. Would like to ask you something.. when did you notice this issue?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I took my car for a vibration issue and they cleaned the injectors and after that this happened.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been working on SRT’s since more than 10 years. Would like to ask you something.. when did you notice this issue?
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I took my car for a vibration issue and they cleaned the injectors and after that this happened.

·
Registered
4 Posts
you fixed a problem like this before?
Not me but I know a guy who had fixed this issue earlier. Also what do you mean by cleaned injectors how did they cleaned it? Any modification on your SRT? If yes then what’s the what’s the stoichiometric ratio you are running ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not me but I know a guy who had fixed this issue earlier. Also what do you mean by cleaned injectors how did they cleaned it? Any modification on your SRT? If yes then what’s the what’s the stoichiometric ratio you are running ?
Hi,

is it possible to contact him and ask how did they fix his problem? i will be thankful

·
Registered
171 Posts
The dealership can't find the problem
Will the tach not read above 4000rpm when the vehicle is actually in gear and moving, or ONLY when revving in neutral??

·
Super Moderator
11,019 Posts
The vehicle has a built in Rev limiter and will not go above that in neutral or park.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts