Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker, First time poster. I just recently purchased a red 2006 jeep srt8. Pretty decent condition. Just needs few things before i start my minor modifications. Rims are curbed up and front bumper needs to be repainted. I also plan on doing a tune from johan, bwoody intake, and catch can (hopefully i can gain some mpg). And yes i know you shouldnt care about gas mileage if your going to own a srt8, but i bought this as a daily in addition to my m3, and extra mpg wouldnt hurt. Anyway my main questions are

Who makes the oem struts, The ride has been kind of rough, throwing me around at times and sometimes to bouncy in the back. I took a look under the car and noticed that the rear has kyb shocks and front has bilsteins. Im guessing the fronts are oem. Also would it make sense to buy replacement oem struts or upgrade all 4.

I also found this long wire that seems to be a connector for an ipod. But how do i use this with the oem nav/radio.

Last thing i wanted to know is if anyone had the wiring diagram for the stock amp, Want to start making plans for my audio upgrades

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Welcome to the family and congrats on the beast! Looks like you got the mod bug already.. I'm sure someone here can help you with all those questions, the only one i can help is with the iPod connector.. Is it in the glovebox?

Also, what kind of m3?? :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the family and congrats on the beast! Looks like you got the mod bug already.. I'm sure someone here can help you with all those questions, the only one i can help is with the iPod connector.. Is it in the glovebox?

Also, what kind of m3?? :D
Thanks.. the ipod wire goes under the side passenger panel, towards the back of the radio

And here is my m3

·
Registered
418 Posts
i say get the OEM bilsteins with eibach springs, comfy and riding low. IF you got the money then get the coilovers for the rear, but there isnt any for the front yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts