Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Supp Feller’s , Got me a new to me 15 w 28k on Clock! Crashed my 12 which i had for just bout 4 years and loved sooo!
Crashed on tues oct 8th or something and Literally fri on phone w ins company as they told me it was a total loss , i was searching for my new Daily and Mod’s:LOL:

Picked her Up last ‘ last Sat and I’m in Love all over Again! I Thought i wouldn’t like the 8 speed but i gotta say it’s great and I get a lil better gas mileage to boot! The 15 is just soo much more refined than my ole Girl is lovely! The truck is spotless and super clean , was bought and raised rt here in S Fla and owned by a women, interior is Fresh like brand new fresh Ahhhh..

Have a few other Sport’s Car’s So this Bit*ch is my Daily Run round go Getter!

Is Hard being a Car guy and have multiple cArs to Mod But I Gott’s Issue’s Sooooo even though i’ve only had her bout 11 Day’s thing’s be Happening!

Ima Just keep this thread for the Build as well and post pix of what has been done,whats in mind and when thing’s have been done!

So here are Some Pixx and the Mod’s that have take place so far! Im in the Gym pk lot rt now and she’s Hm in garage pieces , Just Modding:p

Neil

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Few Mod’s Started , Tint all round! Went w 15% on front 2 then 30 over all the back factory tint to match the front. 30% Windsheild tint as well !
Blk Rear badges and Front badge removal!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats was Sunday , day aft i got her then Monday am she went to get Ppf and Blk Vinyl to Dechrome! Did the Entire front clip , rocker’s , took off factory ppf in front of wheel’s and added more and had all the Fender flares wrapped in Ppf , i Have and will be use 22mm spacers and wanna keep the Fenders chipp freeeee!

just a random pic or the dr side back door chrome w Blk Vinyl!

Dr. Side rear fender gettin wrapped in Ppf..

All Sexx’d up!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Debadged the Dawgshit outtta Door’s
That’s the End Result w Ppf all done entire fr , mirror’s , rockers , fender flares can’t even tell it’s thurrrr! Ohh yea also Blk Grill Ring’s to Finis off the Blk out look! Did the fog light Rings , window trim in Blk. Gloss Vinyl and the Blinkers in mirrors in Dk Tint..

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And Dennnn.

Phillips H11 Led’s , dr side done and pass side factory!
I Don’t , Didn’t love em they were Bluer than Halos and low beem’s Sooo...
Did the research and just yest. Ordered Oem Led’s from the 16+ Should have em in a day or two , Sud be plug and play will keep the thread updated on em! They were $112 ea and Parts guy at dealer as well as a few member's who have done it said they Sud bolt rt up! If not i can return em!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Up Next , Mhf Front Led lower grill light install!

From there i tapped into the Fuse tap that i added and ran a Hot lead to my pass well > driver side well and Hardwired the Radar detector!

Haha when i said truck’s in piece’s rt now as i type this from gym i nooo lie!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still have a ton moah todo as i was walk past her yeat w hood open i quickly did a Tb service and installed my Cai. (The Tb was Horrendous, Blk heavy Soot lots of it) clean as a whistle now!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Next up While i got the panels off i started pulling all the rest of panels twds rear door and Cargo area off yest. Aft i finished up the radar!
Today soon ina lil while when leave gym and eat soon , Gonna be install my Jl Audio 12’ Powerwedge W a 12w6 in her Paired w my Kenwood 600w amp Ran in Mono w a Bass control knob rt to the rt of the headlight switch! I will disconnect the rear fact. sub and tap i to w a line convertor for Rca signal to amp! Mount amp under pass rear seat and box will chill in rear pass cargo area! W the Hk System this setup absolutley Slamm’s , is crystal clear w the 19 speakers and bass is RETARRRTED ! Love it! Im Old Burrrfday was Frii and im 44 and i gotta say i don’t wanna grow up lmao! Altho Music has always been a thing for me , the Z you see on side garage after i did all the Cosmetic mod’s went strait to Hi-End Music Chop and Got some 10k in upg’s w all JlAudio equip , lil diff than Jeep i run a 10’ Jl Audio drop in box and have much cleaner Sound like crystal clear! Went w 3 amps , 2 sound processors and an interface that Pretty much deletes any and all Bs from the bose head unit! Def Slamms bass is tight and hard but much much less than jeep for obv Reasons! The volume is deafening but will stay Cranked up w 0 Cliiping / Distorting Super Sexxxy Crystal CleAr!
Love It!
After that Still Sit in Box’s in corner of Garage Comes...
Mhf Hi Intense halo harness..
Mhf Rear fog light kit(Tinted Dark to match my tail’s..
Also have and Will install myself a Strut towerr bar today most likely before i start w muzak!
Thenn off to Mech Hopefully i finis this Crap in Garage soon by Monday i wanna get her there for..
Mopar oe drop springs
Spc castor/camber plates
Bwoody Xt rear control arms
Bwoody Sway bar end link’s
(Huge upg and feel over stock)
22mm Hubcentric Spacers , Kick and line wheels rt up to Fender line!
W ^^^This the Susp setup is Night/Day , Stiffen’s all and takes out pretty much any and all Body Roll.. Give’s a Nassty Agressive stance as well w the drop and spacers..
R1 Sexxy Front and rear Cross drilled and Slutted Rotor’s , Matched w Powerstop Ceramic Z26 pad’s for front,rear as well!
Blk Op’s stainless steel brake lines
Blk Op’s Morimoto/Moshimoto idfk which name thermostat lol
Sexxy Corsa Hi Flow cat and Cat-back system w Blk Gloss 5’ tips
Andddd Deennnnn...
Should have the Sarona design splitter and rear spoilers by then , got front lip and 2 rear spoilers a Roof wing and a trunk wing , Off to Custom Chop She’ll go to get ^^ that stuff painted to match and installed , Powder Coat the wheels in Super Sexxy wet gloss blk , and finally the Brake Calipers painted in Gloss White w Blk Logo’s!
After that She’s off to Detail to have her 3 step Polished and looking brand new Then he’ll apply a few coats of Ceramic and then she be Donnne!!!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. I also had a 2008 WK1 that I traded in for a 2017 WK2. The difference between the two, luxury, comfort, and tech wise were night and day. I loved my WK1, but after testing the WK2 I was sold. The WK1 felt like an old school muscle car compared the the WK2 which felt like a modern performance luxury ride.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Also, be careful with those valve stem covers. I never tried them, but I know a lot of WK1 guys had some problems with them. Since they are different metals than the valve stems, they’d corrode and seize on the stems. Removing them would mess up the TPMS sensors. A little anti-seize lube should do the trick

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
You could also get the Mercedes parking brake pedal

I also added a Durango dead pedal

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank’s Hemi Cruseerrr , ya know w a list o Mod’s like ^^^ i alredy have em in the Mail;) Ordered em from Jeepguygarage about a week ago!
Jus wait on to show up! The Blk Grill Rings showed up like 37 hrs later lol but i think he was wait ona order to come in! Ima Patient man!
Have so much Sh*t todoo , Last night after about 5 man hrs i had Bass a huuge faack mess , but had Bass so today i shall go and button all that up! Need to zip tie a few wires and literally put every panel back on! Secure the amp under seat! Then gonna move on to Rear Fogs and Hi intesnsity Halos harness and idk if i told ya guys but Im the worst w this shit! Always haveCtra Screw’s left over lmaoooo!

N

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Thank’s Hemi Cruseerrr , ya know w a list o Mod’s like ^^^ i alredy have em in the Mail;) Ordered em from Jeepguygarage about a week ago!
Jus wait on to show up! The Blk Grill Rings showed up like 37 hrs later lol but i think he was wait ona order to come in! Ima Patient man!
Have so much Sh*t todoo , Last night after about 5 man hrs i had Bass a huuge faack mess , but had Bass so today i shall go and button all that up! Need to zip tie a few wires and literally put every panel back on! Secure the amp under seat! Then gonna move on to Rear Fogs and Hi intesnsity Halos harness and idk if i told ya guys but Im the worst w this shit! Always haveCtra Screw’s left over lmaoooo!

N
I know about mods...:geek::geek:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Niice!! It’s. F’n Disease i swear!
That is Some Seriously Sexxy Shit mann Kudos’ i like the Buried built in and box you made , Totally custom (you did or chop did ) and prolly a Fun hair ripping out project!
How’s it sound? I love the Hertz Audio Component’s , Ima say it’s Safe to say you Don’t Din’t have Hk Audio..Nor
:sneaky: a Spare anymoeeeee!
it was a must for me as the Hi’s are tremendous for a Stock Oe system and have no problem w the 19 Whatevea Speakers Keeping up w and complementing A 12’Powerswedge w a w6 and a Kenwood 600 amp w proper tuning it’s Pretty Damn Spot on!Loud Loud Crystal clear Hi’s , Mid’sAre Ok(keep the mid on eq at 6, treble at 2-3) and of course Bass is thumping from that setup!
I Know for sure if i din’t have the Hk i’d be Replacing all interiors and adding amps and sh*t! Talk to me about all those Gain Control’s at ur seat like 007 has , wtf why wat for ea one doo?
The Vette Had Upg’d Bose think i paid $1995 for it lmaoo , Car had 270 miles on it and Went strait to stereoo chop and spent 2.5 weeks there. Was a lil bit of a Night mare that lasted 2-3 mo’s blowing tweeters and Tuning due to over complication by Stereo w all new fancy Sh*t that well simply put was over complicated.. Finally 2 Engineer’s from Jl Audio came out , Plugged in laptop’s and micrometers and Got her to some Next Levl shit :)
My M5 i paid $3700 for B+W and It Works but pretty much Suxx the A$$$$ but i would nvr even think about touching that Car w Some 226 Computers that all talk w ea other!
F That!!

To Update the Build > Got Lazzzy yeat was a rainy day here so chilled couch w my Gf all day lol Have to clean up stuffs from install , put panels back on and Muzaac sud be done.. then gonna attemp the Mhf Halo upg after that Mhf Rear Fog light kit. Bt Catch can came in yest (Might as well try that) while im in there Strut tower bar’ll get thrown in! I’m expect the Oe Front Led Fog lights to show today , So i wanna Have all this Sh*t done by Sunday eve So Monday / Tues i can get her to The Mechanic for the Brakes , susp , drop.

Neil

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Niice!! It’s. F’n Disease i swear!
That is Some Seriously Sexxy Shit mann Kudos’ i like the Buried built in and box you made , Totally custom (you did or chop did ) and prolly a Fun hair ripping out project!
How’s it sound? I love the Hertz Audio Component’s , Ima say it’s Safe to say you Don’t Din’t have Hk Audio..Nor
:sneaky: a Spare anymoeeeee!
it was a must for me as the Hi’s are tremendous for a Stock Oe system and have no problem w the 19 Whatevea Speakers Keeping up w and complementing A 12’Powerswedge w a w6 and a Kenwood 600 amp w proper tuning it’s Pretty Damn Spot on!Loud Loud Crystal clear Hi’s , Mid’sAre Ok(keep the mid on eq at 6, treble at 2-3) and of course Bass is thumping from that setup!
I Know for sure if i din’t have the Hk i’d be Replacing all interiors and adding amps and sh*t! Talk to me about all those Gain Control’s at ur seat like 007 has , wtf why wat for ea one doo?
The Vette Had Upg’d Bose think i paid $1995 for it lmaoo , Car had 270 miles on it and Went strait to stereoo chop and spent 2.5 weeks there. Was a lil bit of a Night mare that lasted 2-3 mo’s blowing tweeters and Tuning due to over complication by Stereo w all new fancy Sh*t that well simply put was over complicated.. Finally 2 Engineer’s from Jl Audio came out , Plugged in laptop’s and micrometers and Got her to some Next Levl shit :)
My M5 i paid $3700 for B+W and It Works but pretty much Suxx the A$$$$ but i would nvr even think about touching that Car w Some 226 Computers that all talk w ea other!
F That!!

To Update the Build > Got Lazzzy yeat was a rainy day here so chilled couch w my Gf all day lol Have to clean up stuffs from install , put panels back on and Muzaac sud be done.. then gonna attemp the Mhf Halo upg after that Mhf Rear Fog light kit. Bt Catch can came in yest (Might as well try that) while im in there Strut tower bar’ll get thrown in! I’m expect the Oe Front Led Fog lights to show today , So i wanna Have all this Sh*t done by Sunday eve So Monday / Tues i can get her to The Mechanic for the Brakes , susp , drop.

Neil
I built the box myself piece by piece
Makes your hair feel like it's jumping so I'd say it's hair raising 😄

The switch is for my AL Priority laser jammer,

the momentary button is for the rear camera squirter
The knobs are level controls for the amps.
Tweeters, Front Speakers, Rear Speakers, Under seat Subs, Rear Subs,

I can dial in the sound perfectly

the 2014 SRT has the regular stereo so I used an Lc2i interface which sounds ok
and the Trackhawk has the HK so I used a Pac Harness which is awesome!

I have an old school Rockford Punch 500a2 for the front speakers, a 600a4 for the rear doors and under seat subs and a 1000.1 for the subs as well as a Kicker 200 for the tweeters

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lmfaooo!! That is Amazzing and Some F**king Build! Damn sure that’s Hair Raising! I used a pac as well but your’s Look’s Sexxier than mine. Where exactly does that plug and play? I had to pull rear cargo panel and unplug sub and tap in there , grabbed a Rto from The Plug for charging in rear cargo area. If ya can member where ya got it pls post a link to it , maybe i need that!
i Just don’t wanna over complicate it amd if i tap into the speakers any one em doesnt it drop bass as you gain Volume ? Which in that case i’d go w an lc2i to compensate for that but my Pac’s work great i jus melt em up about once every 8-13 mo’s lmao. I’ll post a pic of the lst one when i get hm! You’ll for sure get a Kik outta it!

Neil

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Also are those W6’s or W7’s ? If 7’s im not gonna lie your Out of your Tit’s and i F**King Love It!!!!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts