Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

· Premium Member
16,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well guys, after selling my Roush, I've missed being able to put the top down and enjoy the Mustang shows that I've been attending my entire life.
I was very lucky to find this car on Ebay and get in touch with the owner as soon as it was up. Within a matter of a week, I had a deal and the original owner from FL trailered the car up for me.

It's a 2000 Mustang Saleen Supercharged Speedster with FACTORY "Extreme Rainbow Color," which was an $11,500 option.
This specific paint was only on roughly 10-12 total cars: (here are some that are known) year/build #
96-02 Liz Saleens car. Now modified in England
97-173 SC cobra Speedster
99-01SR A non running SR wide body ROLLER
99-12 S351
00-378- My car
01-624
01-901
03-291 Cobra coupe modified
04-??? Cobra Speedster Modified
05 to Glen Stienhausen in IL,
08- Glass roof extreme

My specific car seems to have all of the available options from 2000, hints the high MSRP. Oh and did I mention, ONLY 6k ORIGINAL MILES!!

Well here are some pictures I took with my camcorder. More to come after I give it a clay bar and wax because it NEEDS it bad. I hate to say it but it feels like sandpaper.

I'm also going to order a new set of tires.. Thinking about the Invos.

And yes, I will get underhood pics and more once I get her all cleaned up!

Enjoy!

· Registered
3,651 Posts
Love it Johnny!!! Looks great and that paint is amazing! One of my favorite Saleen body styles.....a little biased as I used to have a black coupe with center exhaust. Take care of that paint and get us some pics of that engine bay once you clean it up!!

· Premium Member
16,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, it is def my fav body style. We actually previously owned a 2001 Saleen SC Spdstr white with white wheels... man was that hot.

Now me owning this, man just doesn't get any better. I would've loved to have the center exhaust on here, but wasn't available then :(

· Registered
3,651 Posts
Yeah...the center exhaust didn't come out until a year later. Chicane in Cali. was making the actual center exhaust for Saleen back then. Joe, the guy who owned Chicane was recently murdered actually. Crazy story...I remember talking to him when I was rearended and he shipped me a brand new exhaust....Ok....I'm done with my stupid random story!

· Registered
146 Posts
nice johnny car looks cool. i've painted a few things that color paint is vary expensive.you comming back to salem this year for lx beyond nice jeep on shirt lol

· Registered
2,285 Posts
Nice Johnny. I was checking out an identical car to your s last summer at a show. Thought for sure it was a custom colour. Never had any idea ford offered that from the factory. So, is the car for your GF? ;)

· Registered
11,229 Posts
I like it johnny , looks sharp .

· Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Nice Johnny! Definitely a panty dropper bro:eek:

· Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
Isn't that called mystichrome paint? lol. If you call it rainbow paint mustang guys will flip. Congrats on the purchase!
Mysticchrome paint was in 2004 only. 1996 had Mystic only from Ford. Saleen has their own color called exactly what Johnny called it.

· Premium Member
771 Posts
Lets see some pics of the engine bay!

Beautiful car man. Ive never been a fan of the extreme color changing paint but this is just perfect. Not too over the top but by no means dull. Its just sexy as hell.
:banana_hitit::banana_hitit::banana_hitit:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.