Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys

So today on my way home I got nailed by a F-150 not once but twice before he peeled out and took off. Couldn't get his plate number. My poor jeep looks like ***. So Pissed

Sweet.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
You must have one nasty EX gf ....

·
That guy..
1,281 Posts
Damn I would of had to chase him... I wouldnt care if parts were falling off.. I would pull a pitt maneuver on them...

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
thats awful bro....i feel for ya. lucky it wasnt a regular hit though because if the cop or driver even mentioned those taillights youd be in some heat potentially. regardless, thats some narly damage. luckily from the rear as long as the frame is ok its all cosmetic. if youre ok physically after that hit be happy for that, take a breath, and call insurance.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Got a Michigan brother down! Good luck in repairs and finding the SOB.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Omg I didn't expect Anything this bad sorry to hear dude, I got hit by someone too yesterday but luckily wasn't my jeep

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Sorry to see man. You'll get it looking like new again. Don't worry.

Same here la77amx. Good thing that didn't happen to me as well. I would be in jail right now, and the Jeep and the truck would probably both be totaled out. Road rage is a b*tch. It is sometimes hard to control. I blame it on the PTSD...hahaha. But who knows what would have actually happened. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Reactions: BWSRT-8

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah screwed up huh?

Traffic was heavy and I was just chillin' in the middle lane, listening to some Seger, going like 55-60 ish. Then all of a sudden this dude gasses it and smokes me. Then as I'm coming to a stop he hit me again while he was peeling out trying to get away, glancing off the drivers side (note the totally missing tailight). He proceeded to floor it till he got to the shoulder and that was that.

My tailights are tinted but my rear fogs arent and they were lit up so I don't know. I was on 75 south of 8mile so who know what this guy was up to.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Yeah sorry again to hear man. Better play it safe. You are right, who knows what he was up to, and if he was armed or not.

Yeah screwed up huh?

Traffic was heavy and I was just chillin' in the middle lane, listening to some Seger, going like 55-60 ish. Then all of a sudden this dude gasses it and smokes me. Then as I'm coming to a stop he hit me again while he was peeling out trying to get away, glancing off the drivers side (note the totally missing tailight). He proceeded to floor it till he got to the shoulder and that was that.

My tailights are tinted but my rear fogs arent and they were lit up so I don't know. I was on 75 south of 8mile so who know what this guy was up to.

·
Registered
100 Posts
That is ugly dude. I had a kid in a new Beemer bump me from behind on Wilshire Blvd. and it was nothing compared to this and I was ...... Sorry to see this. You will be back on the road soon. Probably best you didn't chase him down. You might have ended up in the Big House!

·
"guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,862 Posts
That is nasty. I hope the fleas from 1,000 camels infest his pubic hairs!!!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
sounds like there's more to this story

·
Premium Member
16,354 Posts
Woah, I was not expecting that! Can't believe he did that much samaras and ran. Sorry to see and hear that, but glad you werent hurt

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
sorry to hear.
Makes me mad A$$ angry. Wishing the story ended with you
catching him and bashing his face into what he fk'd up, then the cops come,
ask you to stop so they can finish bashing his face in.....next life!
Someone will make her perty again.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I'd take a trip to the big house for chasing him down and beating his teeth into the back of his throat. It'd be worth the jail time to get the $$ to fix it. Cause that's some nasty damage. Hopefully nailing the exhaust like that didn't do any damage further up the line... 8mi, armed, unarmed, either way... I'd have 100% chased him down. There's no way an F150 would get away from me.

Sorry to hear about it either way man.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just got back from the body shop, they couldn't even give me an estimate yet cause so much stuff is broke. Im most worried about the frame I'm hoping its still straight. THis was the most bizzare accident I have ever heard of. Good news is I heard from the police that a number of people called in about this guy because of how reckless he was driving before he actually hit me. So heres to hoping someone got his plate!

On another note everybody be safe out there. One second your sitting there in traffic then next your getting ass packed by a pickup. Watch it!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts