Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my dads been bugging me to take the jeep for a ride with the new cam and I finally let him the other day. Ive been a little hesitant about letting him drive it ever since he scraped the front bumper on a curb last year and the next day hit a pothole on the parkway and put a bubble in both the front and rear driver side tires haha .So hes driving and goes to do a K turn on a small 2 lane road and as hes going to put it in reverse he stalls the damn truck! He starts it back up, puts it in reverse and nothing...engines just revving. Puts it in drive and nothing. Now, almost a minute has gone by and were blocking a bunch of cars. We get out of the car and push it to the side of the road, get back in turn it off and back on and Drive engages.

Im guessing it stalled because of the cam but does anyone know why when he started it back up and put it in reverse the gear didnt engage? Could there be a problem?

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
It's a fail safe mode. If it stalls, you have to shut it off completely in P and restart it and it'll be fine.

·
That guy..
1,281 Posts
Sounds like he hit reverse too fast... and tripped the TCM up..

Like harrison said, you must put it in park, restart it and it will be reset..

Even with a cam, theres no way to stall a automatic

Reactions: 10JGCSRT8

·
Registered
673 Posts
If its stalled your tune needs a lot of work. My lil boy +4 wouldn't idle for crap on a stock tune. If he tripped reverse too fast before he totally stopped, the car probably shut itself off.

Keep your dad out of your truck. lol

·
Registered
957 Posts
with or without a cam, when your truck stalls put it in park and start it up. it will still take a couple of seconds to engage into gear. its all computer $hit. i have a cam as well. i stall from time to time when i change gear to fast.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup, no more drives for him!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts