Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 SRT with the stock stereo and a 2018 Trackhawk with the HK.
The HK was better but I wanted more power like 2800 watts rms 馃槃
I used a PAC harness to run aftermarket amps that works with both as they have the same heads but the HK has different amps and door speakers.

plastic panel removal tool

clip locations

Then I ran the rca outs to some Scosche level pods for tweeters, front/rear doors
under seat subs and rear subs.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I put the amps in the back.
They're old school made in USA Rockford Punch amps.
A 500a2 for the front speakers, a 600a4 for the rear speakers and under seat subs
and a 1500.1 for the rear subs.

There's also a Kicker 200 watt compact amp under the drivers seat for the front tweeters.

Registered
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Definitely broke several of those orange clips messing with my Pac Amp Pro

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The speakers are Hertz premium high energy HCX

P 2 way taped some thin sheetmetal "tongues" to the tweeters so they slip in behind the A Pillar cover, no drilling required.

Even though my doors weren't creaking and buzzing when I crank it up like some people's I decided to use some speaker baffles to give me a better sound.

The foam baffle is too deep so I trimmed it down with a box cutter.

Then I put the hard shell inside that.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The door panel is 2 parts for the pocket.
My driver door panel had started separating probably from taking it off numerous times.
I fixed it with some 5 minute epoxy
It wasn't buzzing like some people's but I'm sure if it was this would fix it.

The passenger door was better but I used some on it too.
The rear door panels were good.

Registered
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
The speakers are Hertz premium high energy HCX

P 2 way taped some thin sheetmetal "tongues" to the tweeters so they slip in behind the A Pillar cover, no drilling required.

Even though my doors weren't creaking and buzzing when I crank it up like some people's I decided to use some speaker baffles to give me a better sound.

The foam baffle is too deep so I trimmed it down with a box cutter.

Then I put the hard shell inside that.

So you used a hard shell inside of trimmed Boom mat baffles? Who makes the shells? I've been looking for an easy option to sound deaden but wasn't sure what would work with the window regulators in the front.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I built my own sub box piece by piece for 2 12s
So you used a hard shell inside of trimmed Boom mat baffles? Who makes the shells? I've been looking for an easy option to sound deaden but wasn't sure what would work with the window regulators in the front.

Got them on Amazon

6.5 not available Amazon but on ebay

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I also have an old school 1999 vintage Kenwood kgc 7043 EQ
I got a new one in a box on ebay for 400.00
The used ones occasionally come up on ebay for 150-250.00

Registered
I have a 2014 SRT with the stock stereo and a 2018 Trackhawk with the HK.
The HK was better but I wanted more power like 2800 watts rms 馃槃
I used a PAC harness to run aftermarket amps that works with both as they have the same heads but the HK has different amps and door speakers.

plastic panel removal tool

clip locations

Then I ran the rca outs to some Scosche level pods for tweeters, front/rear doors
under seat subs and rear subs.

Registered
Wow! You have WAY bigger Crown Jewels than I do.
I love loud old rock music, and have asked a couple of local guys who do work like this for their career.
BUT, while I have built many a Big Block and played with cams, lifters, heads etc., but. No way would I take something like this on馃憖
It鈥檚 interesting to see the front piece that houses the original setup.
I鈥檝e been speaking with the local guy about replacing the front piece, or what is needed to install a better head radio (or whatever it鈥檚 called) with a more refined setup, including what I want the most - decent visible parking sensors so that my wife and I can park my 2018 as we want with spacing to allow us to get in and out of the back seat with our special needs daughter.
SO, if I intend to keep the stock speakers and install a higher-end radio, with smart sensors - so I can see what sensor is beeping WITH a camera, and get crisper cleaner sound, can you summarize what I should do?
No need to take a lot of time.
These pics have scared me to be frank.
I鈥檓 OK delving into replacing the front stick bracket, etc. and trying to install a new screen, etc., but I don鈥檛 want to get into new harnesses etc.

Can I do this, or is what you are showing 鈥榬eally鈥 the only good way to go?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Wow! You have WAY bigger Crown Jewels than I do.
I love loud old rock music, and have asked a couple of local guys who do work like this for their career.
BUT, while I have built many a Big Block and played with cams, lifters, heads etc., but. No way would I take something like this on馃憖
It鈥檚 interesting to see the front piece that houses the original setup.
I鈥檝e been speaking with the local guy about replacing the front piece, or what is needed to install a better head radio (or whatever it鈥檚 called) with a more refined setup, including what I want the most - decent visible parking sensors so that my wife and I can park my 2018 as we want with spacing to allow us to get in and out of the back seat with our special needs daughter.
SO, if I intend to keep the stock speakers and install a higher-end radio, with smart sensors - so I can see what sensor is beeping WITH a camera, and get crisper cleaner sound, can you summarize what I should do?
No need to take a lot of time.
These pics have scared me to be frank.
I鈥檓 OK delving into replacing the front stick bracket, etc. and trying to install a new screen, etc., but I don鈥檛 want to get into new harnesses etc.

Can I do this, or is what you are showing 鈥榬eally鈥 the only good way to go?
The problem is that aftermarket head units don't have the AC controls the stock unit does.
Also if you have the HK the door speakers won't work properly.
There's a $700.00 or so plug and play "Tesla" style head unit but it's made for outside the US as well and doesn't have Sirius Satellite radio or the Performance Pages.
If you can live without those this would be a great choice.
I think you can add an extra camera on the front as an aid for your parking

I would say to start with baffling the door speakers.
It's cheap and easy and will tighten up your sound.

Registered
The problem is that aftermarket head units don't have the AC controls the stock unit does.
There's a $700.00 or so plug and play "Tesla" style head unit but it's made for outside the US as well and doesn't have Sirius Satellite radio or the Performance Pages.

You can get an idatalink and compatible radio to replace the OEM headunit and retain all the functions. Those tesla style units are all junk, I wouldn't put one in my Jeep.

Reactions: mondo

Registered

Registered
Thank you. I do have the HK speaker setup, and will take your response into consideration.
I鈥檓 sending that unless I鈥檓 experienced like yourself, this is NOT a wise task to take on.
Cheers馃憤馃徎

1 - 20 of 26 Posts