Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty sure I don’t have bump stops and that’s why I bottom out on ever little bump I hit. Pretty sure it’s stock suspension too

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Very common, replace with stock or BWoody Stops and you’re good to go.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very common, replace with stock or BWoody Stops and you’re good to go.
Okay so I’m not crazy, I didn’t know if that’s where they are supposed to go. I am definitely going to do the bwoody bumps, but I want to do the full suspension set up, is it worth it ?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Definitely worth it. Better quality than stock and adjustable if you so choose. I’d recommend the bwoody kit with the energy suspension bump-stops 100%. I believe the stock bump-stops are discontinued and have been for some time now. The bwoody/energy suspension are a better choice by a mile

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Definitely worth it. Better quality than stock and adjustable if you so choose. I’d recommend the bwoody kit with the energy suspension bump-stops 100%. I believe the stock bump-stops are discontinued and have been for some time now. The bwoody/energy suspension are a better choice by a mile
Yea I saw that basically everything was adjustable but what does that do? I don’t know much about suspension stuff so I have no clue

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Yea I saw that basically everything was adjustable but what does that do? I don’t know much about suspension stuff so I have no clue
The adjustable lets you precisely dial everything in. My previous jeep came with the non-adjustable setup that was installed by the previous owner, which was perfect for my needs. Some guys do road course racing, so the adjustable stuff is perfect for them. For driving on the street, my choice would be the non adjustable setup.

I go into detail about a few suspension components in the thread below:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Many have told me the links are worth it so that’s what I went with. The control arms aren’t much of an upgrade while the links remove alot of the body roll.

·
Registered
17 Posts
the stock bump stops literally disintegrate into dust. Since our WK1 srt8 is my wife's grocery getter, I replaced them with OEM pieces, which were readily available online. Since OEM MOPAR SRT shocks for all 4 corners are absurd pricing/availability these days, and we had no intent to lower ride height, I also bought some non-SRT replacement shocks to install along with the new OEM bumpstops which was a nice "refresh" for the old OEM MOPAR SRT8 shocks. Like 1/10 the cost too. I'm not worried about setting any road course records in this 5000 lb beast, so even tho it's not optimally tuned (damping/bump/rebound), it works very well and breathed some new life into the old blow out OEM suspension.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Are the Bwoodys better on the lowered springs?
you can run them with stock or lowering springs. I used them with eibachs. whoever installed them used the kit that came with the springs from eibach, which is not recommended. without load the stops were sitting on the frame. no wonder eibach supplies a longer bolt with the kit!

I called bwoody & they sold me just the energy suspension stops. thing is, you have to ulbolt & remove the metal "cups" that the oem stops are pressed into, and bolt the bwoody/energy suspension stops directly to the frame using the supplied hardware. below are some pics for comparison:

oem1.jpg
bwoody1.jpg

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I’m gonna call them, I have the eibachs revised, and I didn’t use the 1” block though
View attachment 230729
That’s exactly how my kit was when I got my jeep. They installed everything, and it was riding on the lower frame. You can get away with just the small spacer and bump stop using the stock bolt. The one they provide is too long unless you use everything. I still prefer the bwoody/energy setup

·
Registered
68 Posts
So my suspension is stock except for the qa1 shocks, if I do eibach setup what is needed? I am thinking of the bc racing C/O setup but while using the QA1 in the rear still. Anyone have any info on that?
If you do the Eibachs, the hardware sent with their kit is what you need (small cup and bumpstop). I’ve read that some prefer running the eibach stop since the material is more forgiving than the poly material of the energy/bwoody one. Having the QA1s is a bonus imo that way you can dial in the rear ride. Use their provided hardware and you’re set. Adding BWoody end links are a nice upgrade but not needed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Pretty sure I don’t have bump stops and that’s why I bottom out on ever little bump I hit. Pretty sure it’s stock suspension too
Yep I've got to do mine this weekend... mine are like yours just GONE! So, hoping dig out the ole bits with a screwdriver and then slot these in, I'm assuming they just hold themselves in!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts