Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2020 Dodge Durango SRT
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've gotten several texts asking how I did so I figured I'd post up my results from racing at this past Hemi Shootout.

I will be honest I was hoping to run low 12's but considering all the issues that had to be worked out I am very happy with how the day went. With just 2 minor tweaks by Joel I was able to drop almost .6 off my first run of the day. I knew my first run was going to be a throw away since I had to run an old tune file for the bigger injectors. That tune was made back when I had my fuel problems caused by a badly kinked fuel line so it was just dumping fuel down the jeeps throat. I think I saw a peak of 9.99 on my a/f gauge and was consistent in the low 10's on the first run.

Joel was very busy with the F.I. guys and running on no sleep so I didn't really bug him much. He did tweak the tune to lean it out some and thats when I did my 12.6-12.5 times. All day had a weird bog issue off the line then the jeep would rip. Basically the convertor would flash to 3700-3800 then bog down to 3400-3500 and take off. It was killing my 60' times and the jeep just felt weak from a dig. Joel took another look at the tune and found something funky and fixed it. Next run the jeep ripped out of the hole spinning the tires pretty bad but still got my best 60' of the day with a 1.76. Wasn't able to run again after that because it started to rain a little and they shut down the track.

I did win my first round in the Superstock class but in my second round I raced the eventual class winner. He went [email protected] in his Challenger. Sweet ride and nice guy.

In my index class I was stuck choosing to either slow down for the 12.75 or try the 12.50. I dialed a 12.50 and raced a yellow challenger that dialed 13.25. The lady driving the challenger must have been dialed in because she went 13.26 and knocked me out right away.

I had a great time and overall I'm happy. I know I have more potential in my set up and I have no doubts that I will hit 11's just not sure how deep in the 11's I will go. I didn't do all that I planned to do.....just pulled in and ran it full weight, pump gas, wornout vreds, and didn't use the stage6 headlight intake.

Here is a breakdown of my runs:

Running really rich

Run 1: 1.94 60' [email protected] [email protected]

Leaned a/f some after 1st run

Run 2: 1.87 60' [email protected] [email protected]
Run 3: 1.87 60' [email protected] [email protected]
Run 4: 1.86 60' [email protected] [email protected]
Run5: 1.87 60' [email protected] [email protected]
Run6: 1.85 60' [email protected] [email protected]

Fixed bog issue off the line and it was the first time all day I spun the tires on the launch

Run7: 1.76 60' [email protected] [email protected]

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

Motor vehicle Vehicle Race track Car Racing

· Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Not bad Dave.... Curious to see how low you can get them 60' down with that converter you have on there... What time was Run 7 done at? Thanks for posting up bro!

· Registered
2020 Dodge Durango SRT
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With the converter and tune fixed I think Im going to need some nt05rs to get traction and drop my 60' times. On the street I can forget about traction from a dig! Haha

I think that last run was just after 3pm.

· Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
With the converter and tune fixed I think Im going to need some nt05rs to get traction and drop my 60' times. On the street I can forget about traction from a dig! Haha

I think that last run was just after 3pm.
Thanks bro!!! Yeah Drag radials is a must for you with that stall man...... Cool!

· Registered
11,229 Posts
Looks like the 60's was hurting Dave , hopefully you'll have everything figure out soon .

· Registered
2020 Dodge Durango SRT
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats Dave, consistent for sure. Get you some DR's & hit them 11's.

Jim
Have some DR's on order but still looking for rims. Next up will be the stage6 intake and race gas tune

Nice Dave!

Will you be at VMP again this year?
I'm not sure yet. Obviously I'd love to make it since most of my "boyz" are up there but it all depends.

Looks like the 60's was hurting Dave , hopefully you'll have everything figure out soon .
60's sucked! It will get there. I'm just stoked to be out racing again. Sorry I didn't get back to you. It was a busy day and afterwards we were starving/thirsty since concessions was not open at the track.

Congrats Dave!
Thanks.

· Premium Member
17,169 Posts
You'll get her dialed in soon Dave. Use that Trinity a bunch and get some logs man. I knew you were gonna have traction issue. I did when I put in my converter but the DR's cleared that right up. I haven't changed my converter in 1.5 years and it's still ripping. You've got the power..... just time to dial it in.

To make those runs with full interior and pump gas was pretty cool man. Hell, last year at Orlando I was running 12.2's-12.3's. You aren't far off and I was stripped down with DR's!!

· Banned
1,577 Posts
What times are going to go for with this setup?

· Has Been
8,532 Posts
Yeah as others have said, once you get sticker tires you will be able to get traction and your 60ft will drop big time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.