1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello fellow jeep owners :(

well my baby is doing baby, first i backed up into another car and repair is 2k
but claimed it to state farm.

then thursday night i was on the freeway in san jose ca and hit a damn rock in the road and blow my tire out, the sidewall ripped open like 6 inches.:(

after picking it up from getting a new tire heard a noise from the trans/transfer case,
this just killed my week. so bummed out but lucky i had bought the extended warranty
and now it sits in walnut creek waiting to get looked at. i hate to see my jeep like this after
waiting to buy it for 2 years and all this happens.

just thought i would share my pain. thanks guys

Attachments

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
I feel you man.
You never want to see what you worked so hard for not working right.

Is it possible they put the wrong size tire on?

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Sucks bro.... sorry about all the issues. Go to the track soon. It'll make up for it.:D I had mine for 6 months then got caught in a hail storm. 6 weeks later and $6500.00 she was back.:(

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
It's a long shot, but that one new tire could be causing the t-case to have a fit. You get any codes or lights?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys!

ekaz you think so???? i was a tech before and never heard of that happening. no codes or anything.

so i took it to the dealer and the tech said the noise didnt return, told me to keep driving it till it makes it again.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
If there is too much variance between the height of the front and rear tires (you replace the fronts but not the rears), it'll drive the tcase goofy and throw codes....maybe just replacing the one front tire is causing partial symptoms but no enough to throw the code...

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
What size tire do you have on each corner?

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Sorry to hear about the issues... Also interested in your tire sizes, could be the issue.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
i feel you, that's a lot of problems to happen in short time :(

which tire blew out, front or rear? how fast were you going when it happened? did you feel the rig pull to the side, was it hard to stay in control at all?

hope you get all the issues figured out sooner than later man

·
Registered
33 Posts
It might actually have to do with replacing only one tire....

back in march, I hit something on the interstate putting a hole in one of the stock run flats. Ended up pulling off into a discount tire. Long story short, they wouldn't do the tire change unless I agreed to buy either 2 new run flats, or any new set of 4.

Following the debate, they ended up not having any tires that would fit the jeep in that store. I said screw it, and drove another 45 miles on the run flat (no problems). Went to another big name tire store the next day thinking that I was getting played into dropping $1100 on 2 tires, and got the same story.

There is something to do with AWD vehicles, where you can't just replace one tire. It has to either be 2, or all 4 to maintain drive train "homeostasis".

Maybe someone with more knowledge can offer a technical reasoning...?

Sorry to hear about the jeep problems man, hate to see your baby sittin on the sidelines. When it rains it pours...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts