Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Chicago native, 2011 Mustang GT owner looking into getting a GC SRT8. Currently looking into a few 08-09 with about 30K on the clock for bout 32 to 35K which to be the best deal i can find. Was curious currently im seeing a best of 17 mpg on the modded stang, i know the SRT8s are hogs but can i get away with filling once a week with a 50 mile round work trip? Also anything to look for? pros and cons of these rides?

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
You are better off with the Mustang if you are looking for gas mileage. You will need to fill up every Thursday night if you start full on Monday. Maybe half way into your ride to work on Friday.

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
yeah, i was doing 50 miles round trip. filling up usually once a week depending on traffic and how many people pi$$ed me off.

·
Registered
272 Posts
If you can drive an SRT like a grandpa you can get 15MPG, I do but it's just really hard to drive one that slow for very long without getting the itch to stomp on the gas.
And hell when I had my 5.9 R/T Durango I only got about 12 lol

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
being AWESOME isnt cheap :lol:

I fill up 2-3 times a week with 100Km / day

·
BlaBlaBla
5,400 Posts
If gas is an issue and family on the way,you should prob think long and hard before buying a SRT or a TBSS.
There's always a gas crisis!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hurry and grab it before you change your mind and decide to get another car.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
If gas is an issue and family on the way,you should prob think long and hard before buying a SRT or a TBSS.
There's always a gas crisis!!
Unfortunately my logical thinking is currently kicking in and I am going to have to agree with Eskle.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
i know the SRT8s are hogs but can i get away with filling once a week with a 50 mile round work trip?
If you drive to work 3 times a week... sure. Otherwise, no way.

I've done a best of 18mpg trying my ass off to break 20.

I avg 12.2 on my daily commute (24mi round trip) now because of traffic and aggravation. My old drive was 50mi/round trip and I averaged 14.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I would get 16.5 highway mpg on my rig at 65-70 with cruise control on. Following speed limits. That was with a few bolt on mods and custom tune. There is a mileage booster tune offered by diablo for the predator/trinity. I gave it a shot and saw about 1mpg increase on highway long distance trips. I also saw better gas mileage after lowering the jeep.

I just traded my modded 07 silver SRT8 in. 70K miles and running strong, shifting smooth. Always kept up on maintenance. Just had new plugs and t-case serviced before trade in. It's at Gleenbrook dodge in fortwayne, IN. a couple hours away from ya.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.