Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I ran into all kinds of issues with my handheld, but I'll save that for another thread. So as it stands, the MTCM is installed unmolested, no raised shift points. The car shifts pretty much the same as stock, maybe a touch harder. 1st STILL short shifts around 5500 or so, yes it's still spinning a little off the line. I can do full manual mode and that works fine but is a lot to be doing when the car is sideways and 1st gear goes by in 1.5 seconds lol.

I did the learn procedure, noticed right away the better downshifting, it comes out of 5th and 4th much earlier which is nice. WOT downshifts still feel like the trans thinks for a second before downshifting.

So 1st shifts at 5500, rest are right about 6100-6200. My shifts were already fast and hard due to the fully built trans, so maybe that's why I feel the lack of any real gains.

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
....honestly, in my opinion.

If you get it for a Jeep and don't do the raised shift points.... not really best bang for buck.

Do you have a good tune..... ie with trans settings "pumped" up?

I love mine, and the Toona Tune is ballz out!

good luck, and hope you get it tweaked where you like it.

personally I would like the autostick back on it....but not a big deal.

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Shift points on the tune has to be raised , and it will take time to learn you driving habits , once all that is done you will enjoy it , specially at the drag strip .

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx guys. I had major issues with my diablosport that I haven't upped the shift points. Long story short I have two, a u9000 from when the car was n/a and had a cmr tune on it and a vr7135 from the vortech kit. The vr7135 doesn't allow ANY mod options in the menus due to carb requirements, so I tried returning te vr7135 to stock, and reloading my Johan tune with the u9000, but it failed like 10 times saving the new backup. So I had to just keep the vr7135 and no adjusted shift points

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
I think you see missing the most important step and that is to reset the adaptives for the tranny as to why you short shift shift at 5500 rpm.... Once you do that then go and drive the beast pretty hard...

Reactions: 09blksrt8

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think you see missing the most important step and that is to reset the adaptives for the tranny as to why you short shift shift at 5500 rpm.... Once you do that then go and drive the beast pretty hard...
Any reflash of the PCM resets the adaptives, so on first install and retune they were reset. Like mentioned, the vr7135 doesn't even have the reset adaptives function anyhow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.