Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you folks using to mount your radar detectors, I was looking at the blend mount but I thought I saw someone write that it couldn't be used with the 2012. I really don't want to use the suction cups. Also has anyone hardwired?

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Interested as well.

Correct, the blend mount I used with the WK1 doesn't work with the WK2.

I'm still thinking of what to do myself. I may just switch to a 9500ci lol. Right now I'm using suction cups and plugged into the cig lighter. Not what I like. I like the blend mount and direct wired.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
The 9500ci is IMO the best concealed radar system out there. I've done my research and that's what I conclude. It'll be similar to the 9500ix just adds laser jammers and the radar is stealth mount instead of window mount. The 9500ix kicks butt! The 9500ci will do the same. You won't regret it. I'll probably switch down the road and do a 9500ci on my WK2.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Reactions: *SLICKSRT8*

· Registered
1,069 Posts
Interested as well.

Correct, the blend mount I used with the WK1 doesn't work with the WK2.

I'm still thinking of what to do myself. I may just switch to a 9500ci lol. Right now I'm using suction cups and plugged into the cig lighter. Not what I like. I like the blend mount and direct wired.

Sent from my iPhone 4S
I had a blend mount on my 2004 GC Laredo and when I bought the SRT it didn't fit. Contacted blend mount and they ended up shipping me for free a couple different lengths for it and a shipping label back to send whatever I didn't use.

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
There isn't really access to the rear view stem on the WK2 to mount a blendmount. It's blocked by the other stuff, plus it's a lot smaller and conical in shape.

I've though about just using epoxy and mounting a small stud to the rear of the mirror housing for the blendmount to clamp around.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I used the C6 corvette mirror mount....KM told me about it, works great! Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Vehicle door Automotive mirror
Vehicle Car Family car Vehicle door Sport utility vehicle

You have to cut it and it fits nicely! It's on with 3m tape, you can also use screws for extra strength.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

· Registered
425 Posts

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
You can tap into the rear view mirror for power. There is a short power cord you can buy with the leads on the end. I have a pin out somewhere on my computer for what wires to tap.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
For tapping into the mirror.
A8 for ground (-)
A13 for ignition on power (+)

· Registered
1,482 Posts
Hey Mongoose would you happen to have one of those diagrams for the 10 srt wk1 mirror or kno where I can find it? Im trying to plug my invisicord in for my Redline and can't remember which ones I had plugged in on my 07 srt, I was messing around trying to plug it in and it set my windshield wipers off lol.

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Hey Mongoose would you happen to have one of those diagrams for the 10 srt wk1 mirror or kno where I can find it? Im trying to plug my invisicord in for my Redline and can't remember which ones I had plugged in on my 07 srt, I was messing around trying to plug it in and it set my windshield wipers off lol.
Sorry, no I do not. I stumbled across that one for the WK2 and saved it for reference just in case.

I'd assume there would be a black wire for a ground and maybe use a test light to find the power on ignition wire

Maybe someone else can chime in and help you out.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Registered
477 Posts
I have my 9500IX suction cupped under the mirror on my WK1 and then hardwired to the fuse box under the drivers side dash with an "add a circuit fuse". I then installed the mute switch/alert button in the small holder to the left of the steering wheel. Can't see the light because of the wheel, but very convenient to mute when you get a false alarm. I'm thinking about getting the ZR laser shifters and will install next to the mute button.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Attachments

· Night Stalker v2.0
1,096 Posts
Black wire goes to the bottom spot on the column on the passenger side w/ the black wire. Other wire goes in the other column 2nd from the bottom(don't remember the wire color).

· Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Maaan, I'm contemplating selling my Valentine I bought a few months ago and getting this 9500ix everyone keeps talkin about

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Maaan, I'm contemplating selling my Valentine I bought a few months ago and getting this 9500ix everyone keeps talkin about
Its da bomb diggity IMO. When I researched a good radar the 9500ix came out on top. Mines saved my ass so many times. I'd only get rid of it for a concealed 9500ci.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.