Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Motor died yesterday

9K views 79 replies 11 participants last post by  WUNFSTSRT 
#1 ·
Was pulling into a driveway and it died. Won’t start. Just cranks. P2172 code. I’m thinking a spring broke. Dropped it at my buddy’s shop and will dig in not it. 72k. Funny thing is I just drove it to Fla. to compete in Mshs and had no problems. Dam 6.4’s suck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
I hope it is not a full rebuild for you. I know it's been a worry since I picked up my '14 3 years and 30K miles ago. I'd love to be done paying for it before I need a motor rebuilt. But as a daily, you can't beat it. Looks, power, handling, rear Blu-Ray for the kids, and room for our puppy too!

#6 ·
Just picked up a 14 supercharged ...... lm definitely not a truck guy but damn l love driving it all around amazing truck. Even with all the bad about the engine l said f it l deal with what comes and so far it has been solid. Truck has 88k on it and u would never tell by appearance.

#17 ·
yup...pretty much how my 2014 looked after a lifter failure led to catastrophic cylinder damage. I had top level aftermarket warrenty thank gGod or I'd have been out well over $20k with all the shit that's gone wrong on mine since I got it with 50k something miles on it.

#18 ·
Jeez ..... that's crazy..... l dont know much about my truck but me and my mechanic think it's been crack opened and worked on. Whipple supercharger full bwoody suspension ran a 3.5 0 to 60 and a 12s quarter. We changed all the fluids when l pick her up so shaving clean clean. I recently was checking for a msd fuel pump booster as the whipple kit online said it comes with it. I don't see one so we think they also upgraded the fuel pumps. Trucks only issues is it definitely needs a re tune and the evap p0441 has the check engine light on.

#27 ·
Hahahh........ yea l know that bad taste ........ l bought my jeep modified couldn't beat the price so l said f it. ....... thankfully running like a chanp with 88k miles....... had my mechanic go thru it he said it's solid. I just need a re tune clean up the tune for the motor and Trans.

#28 ·
Got the Jeep back tonight
Brand new 6.4, intake to pan
Total out of pocket $1125.
Odds and ends the warranty didn’t cover. 3 year 100,000 mile warranty on motor from mopar and still have my Zurich till 2024
0 deductible
Ins covered cost of $8250 for motor and $4000 labor
Not bad.
Wife says it’s seems to have more pep
( wife’s dd )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.