Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasn't sure if I would benefit from this, currently fully built paramount trans an Jonah tune. I haven't tried to see if autostick will still shift on its own, I know with the mopar TCM it won't.

Thoughts? Car shifts nice and quick now, downshifts are a little rough but livable.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey I heard you got pulled by a NA srt8 with just CAI and exhaust the other day from a dig. Nice!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If pulled means it looked like the other heep with banged up rims was going in reverse then ya, guilty as charged lol

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I measure in car lengths, not stickers. Get some real mods so we can actually have a race.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Get some tires and get that baby to the track! Let er shine and stop manual shifting a auto tranny lol! fix it. :D

·
Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
The higher shift points helps with the vortech since it produces more power higher in the rpm range.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
I'm with Tony, The vortech loves making power high at high RPM so I would say a MTCM would be a good mod.

I have one and I'm not sure it does me any good. I have a smaller cam in my stroker and I dont know if my power curve holds out long enough to benefit. Track testing this year will tell me.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea to be honest that extra rpm seems useless on a stock cam, it already feels like it's getting flat power wise at 6200. I think it helps most 1/8 mile just because it avoids falling out of the power band in the 1-2 shift. I have pretty much nailed down the full manual shifting, I tap the shifter right about 5200 in first and it shifts at 6200 in 1st, the rest I shift around 5500 an see 6300-6400 or so shifts. The 1st gear shift def shaves off a solid .1-.2 0-60 times.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
so the Mtcm will not be good on a stock engine?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Mine still short shifts first. It did add 100-150 rpms to each shift. If you have a valve body all of the main benefits are there for shift firmness, down shifts, etc. The most benefitted users are guys with a stock trans. Mine locked the coverter half way into 2nd prior to the MTCM.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.