Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a mopar tcm and iat extentsion and should be here soon. Do I need to get the TCM flashed at the dealership or can I just plug it in and go? Also when I relocated the iat where should I put it?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Pm me where you got the tcm? Curious ..

·
Registered
10,785 Posts
No need to have it flashed at the dealer, however to take advantage of the higher shift points you need to find somene with an LX, install it in theirs and have them use their diablo to raise the shift points for you and then your good to go. There is a break in procedure when using it and I suggest you do it, also remember it will not upshift when you put it in manual D if you forget it will go into limp mode trying to shift. I suggest if your going to race on a Friday to run the poop out of it all week long and datalog your shift points to make sure its consistantly shifting at 6400 you will need to raise your rev limiter in D as well to match the new shift points or have your CMR tuner do it in your tune.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont have a predator so I cant do any datalogging. I also dont know anyone with an lx to raise my shift points. Should I wait till I do to install it or will I still notice a differance?

·
Super Moderator
10,992 Posts
i dont have a predator so I cant do any datalogging. I also dont know anyone with an lx to raise my shift points. Should I wait till I do to install it or will I still notice a differance?
You need a predator or it will not work in our Jeeps. One of the first things you have to do is change the gear ratio. Do not put this in if it hasn't been modified with a predator!!!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I find someone with a jeep and a predator with that work or do I need one thats mated to my jeep?

·
Super Moderator
10,992 Posts
If I find someone with a jeep and a predator will that work ?
That will work but you can't raise shift points in a Jeep but you can set the gear ratio(3.73)

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,143 Posts
You need a predator or it will not work in our Jeeps. One of the first things you have to do is change the gear ratio. Do not put this in if it hasn't been modified with a predator!!!!!
Chad is correct. When you install a Mopar TCM for the first time it will default to a 3.06 gear ratio. So you will have to go under quick adjust and under transmission and change it to 3.73 gear ratio. Also you will want to have that Rev limiter in Drive set higher then your shift points are set on the Mopar TCM. My Rev limiter in Drive is set to 6850 rpm right now and I hit the Rev limiter at times even though my Mopar TCM is set to 6400 rpm. So I am going to up mine another 100 rpms...

·
Just trying to go Fast
17,143 Posts
That will work but you can't raise shift points in a Jeep but you can set the gear ratio(3.73)
Can you use the QUICK ADJUST menu on a Pred. without it being married to the Jeep? If he plugs in someone else's Pred, it won't work b/c it's married to the other Jeep.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I already have a tune on my jeep when I bought it. If I buy a predator will I still be able to change the gear ratio with a tune already on my jeep? Can I also raise the rev limiter? Shift point can only be raised by plugging the tcm into a lx right?

·
Just trying to go Fast
17,143 Posts
I already have a tune on my jeep when I bought it. If I buy a predator will I still be able to change the gear ratio with a tune already on my jeep? Can I also raise the rev limiter? Shift point can only be raised by plugging the tcm into a lx right?
Your Jeep is tuned but you don't have a Pred.? That's not good. You will need to contact Diablo. You don't even have a stock tune do you? Don't know if you can Export Last Tune Written without a Pred. being married to it. Your problem is..... there's a Diablo floating around somewhere in the world that is married to your Jeep. You know who the previous owner is?

·
Super Moderator
10,992 Posts
Can you use the QUICK ADJUST menu on a Pred. without it being married to the Jeep? If he plugs in someone else's Pred, it won't work b/c it's married to the other Jeep.
I was assuming he was going to be using the other person's Jeep, not his to make the change.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Your Jeep is tuned but you don't have a Pred.? That's not good. You will need to contact Diablo. You don't even have a stock tune do you? Don't know if you can Export Last Tune Written without a Pred. being married to it. Your problem is..... there's a Diablo floating around somewhere in the world that is married to your Jeep. You know who the previous owner is?

Lol prob the one that got sold to me..hahaa :eek:

Good luck hope you get it worked out man.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys, would it be worth getting the TCM if i have a littleboy cam and cai only? I didn't swap out the springs, so maybe it would not be a good idea for me to rev up to 6400 rpms. What other benefits would i get? Since the littlboy is a good lowend torque cam does the TCM help engage the converter earlier? i recall on my charger in 3rd gear the stock TCM would slip, but with the mopar tcm it didn't slip as much so it helped with the ET and mph.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ya this sucks alot. I bought the jeep from a dealership in IL a month ago. It came with absolutely nothing lol. I have the name and address of the previous owner somewhere but no number.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Ya this sucks alot. I bought the jeep from a dealership in IL a month ago. It came with absolutely nothing lol. I have the name and address of the previous owner somewhere but no number.
You need to take it to the dealer and have them re flash your PCM. It's like $90.

It's the only way you'll be able to use a predator. Right now your PCM is tune locked.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,143 Posts
PM the guys name as I might know who he is.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts