Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going back and forth trying to get a remote starter for my Jeep since the weather is getting colder. I either want a Viper or the Mopar Kit. Since i ONLY want the starter i am leaning heavily towards the MOPAR kit and i heard its is very simple to install.

So how much are you guys paying for the MOPAR kit?
How easy is to install myself? I have electrical skill, but have never installed one of these before!
Does the MOPAR kit comes with everything i need? Can i get some kind of a part number of what i need please?
Does the MOPAR kit comes with an extra fob to start the Jeep or can i use my normal key fob to program?

I seen a few of you guys that have done this on the 06MY but no one has provided any clear details price wise or part number wise. I also noticed some guys saying that they start their 06 with the regular fob by hitting the LOCK button 3 times, or LOCK, UNLOCK, LOCK...how is this different set up achieved. Can someone shed some light to this whole MOPAR kit set up.

Thanks

·
Registered
365 Posts
I recall a thread, on another jeep site, where the guy wanted to add the Mopar remote start to his WK, turns out some other module was not included in the kit that was also required.
Be sure you are working with a Mopar guy that is positive about what is required and will take it back if it does not work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts