Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if they will be coming out with a Mopar CAI and Exhaust?

I know that they probably aren't as good as other aftermarket ones and probably more money than the aftermarket. The reasons I want to go this route is that I can get my local dealer to install it and they will honor all warranties with the jeep. Being from Regina, SK there are not many options for aftermarket shops that work on these types of vehicles hence why I want to go through the dealer.

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
After market parts can't void warranty unless they can prove said parts caused the problem. Simple bolt on parts dealers are usually cool with.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Registered
66 Posts
After market parts can't void warranty unless they can prove said parts caused the problem. Simple bolt on parts dealers are usually cool with.

Sent from my iPhone 4S
This advice should be taken with a grain of salt however since all dealers operate differently. Tomatoe, Tomato, depending on which service department you're working with in my experience.

· Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This advice should be taken with a grain of salt however since all dealers operate differently. Tomatoe, Tomato, depending on which service department you're working with in my experience.
I agree. I only have three options for service within 150 km of me and to date they are not the easiest to deal with. When I had the TSB for the rear clunk and my blurry driver side mirror changed out I went to a small town dealer. They actually let me go back in the service bay and watch what the tech was doing to the jeep. It is such a smaller dealership that they only have 2 techs total. I got talking with the tech and he mentioned that if there are aftermarket parts he is suppose to note it and recommend no warranty. He did say that if it was all mopar after market parts they would warranty everything, no problem.

If I am not mistaken the rules for warranty may also be a little different in Canada.

· Premium Member
26 Posts
You're right, the regulatory framework in Canada is less specific, but, generally, the companies administer their warranties uniformly between the two countries. Dealers aren't looking for opportunities to piss customers off, and will usually go ahead and file a claim, UNLESS they expect that the failure will be traced to something the owner has done that caused it.

The OEMs analyze claims data closely, looking for patterns that signal defective designs, or faulty parts. You don't want to be the only claim in 6 months, for a melted piston, if you've got your Vortech dialed up to the heavens. But, if they've had a run of ECM problems, the fact that youve got a Borla cat-back isn't even worthy of comment when the repair is made.

· Registered
149 Posts
I actually have a CAI from Mopar on my 2011 Ram Sport (trading it in for a WK2). My Dealership told me my warranty was not affected however it didn't pass the Canadian emissions laws...didn't bother me. The sound is great except when pulling a trailer long distances, you might want to get your ears checked after that!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.