Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2009 SRT8 was delivered last night. My '05 CTS-V is gone but not forgotten. The Jeep is stock except for a Mopar CAI but I must say this thing is definitely a beast! Certainly faster than my lightly modded V out of the hole and perhaps even from a roll. I'm amazed that it handles better than my V. Much more solid and confidence inspiring.

Here's a few professional pics from the dealer ad. Will post up some personal pics when I get them. I already added front SRT grill badge and rear SRT8 badge. As you can see it is CLEAN but had a lot of road grime from being on a carrier across several states so I clayed and waxed it today. Looks even better than below.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Congrats. love #4 pic. calendar material.

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Looks beautiful. Just one thing IMO, you need to get an SRT8 badge to put back on the rear. No Jeep though.

Jim

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Looks beautiful. Just one thing IMO, you need to get an SRT8 badge to put back on the rear. No Jeep though.

Jim
Said he has put on front and rear srt badges since these pics.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Congrats and nice beast man!!! Was this Jeep at Marino Jeep in Chicago?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was in Chicago but at a high end private dealer. Maybe they picked it up from them if you sw it over there. Car is one owner out of Georgia originally. It had a hard drive full of gospel/inspirational music on it.

One thing that made my heart drop is I could not get the nav/radio on. Disconnected the battery for a while then I was able to get I on. Battery later died on me while I was messing with the radio loading songs for quite a while. Put a charger on it then went out and drove for about an hour. All seems well now and the Kicker system is awesome even without rear sub which someone nabbed. It must have sat for a while and the battery drained.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Nice love that color !!

·
Premium Member
3,365 Posts
Congrats! Beautiful Jeep. I think these jeeps in that color will be a collectors item some day, they are so rare.

·
Registered
785 Posts
My buddy is in sales at Marino and the srt8 is a 2010. they lowered it to 40,500 and i beleive it has around 18,000 miles on it.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
It was in Chicago but at a high end private dealer. Maybe they picked it up from them if you sw it over there. Car is one owner out of Georgia originally. It had a hard drive full of gospel/inspirational music on it.

One thing that made my heart drop is I could not get the nav/radio on. Disconnected the battery for a while then I was able to get I on. Battery later died on me while I was messing with the radio loading songs for quite a while. Put a charger on it then went out and drove for about an hour. All seems well now and the Kicker system is awesome even without rear sub which someone nabbed. It must have sat for a while and the battery drained.
Oh ok..... If its the one I think it is then it had 17k miles on it..... Looks super clean man!

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
That's where my wifes Inferno Red came from back in the day. Dealer trade.

Jim
Cool Jim! Yeah Marino is like 2 miles away from me.....

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
My buddy is in sales at Marino and the srt8 is a 2010. they lowered it to 40,500 and i beleive it has around 18,000 miles on it.
PM me, I don't see it on their site but am interested--can you give me a contact person? Thanks.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
These dark blue ones are nice looking. A local guy (doug) has one and I love it. I didn't realize how limited production these things were.

Lowered with the chrome 22" oem rims would look ridiculous.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They are indeed rare however it's interesting that I had no trouble finding several for sale around the country. There was a '10 loaded out that went for $33.5K on eBay right as I started to look. Only like 20K miles. Makes me sick.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Welcome to the modern blue family man! I love it! we're a rare breed with that color!

lol and thanks keoni!

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
While so many do or are going Beast - to -V you go the other way...outstanding. Nice jeep! Congrats.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Awesome find man. I was sooooo stoked when I found my '08 Modern Blue as you don't see that color much at all. I've never seen another one in person, in fact.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts