Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Long story short, when I had my Jeep straight piped...it turns out the guy that did it chopped the muffler along with the flanges. My Borla S came in today. I was excited as **** to get it on. Got the vehicle lifted up to find there were no flanges. The shop that did the initial work doesn't sound like they want anything to do with it now (said booked out for 2 weeks). I'm not even sure how they would go about making it work. What's my next best option? Hi flow cats? Or find some stock cats somewhere? Or what is the actual name of the part that the Borla S attaches to? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Long story short, when I had my Jeep straight piped...it turns out the guy that did it chopped the muffler along with the flanges. My Borla S came in today. I was excited as **** to get it on. Got the vehicle lifted up to find there were no flanges. The shop that did the initial work doesn't sound like they want anything to do with it now (said booked out for 2 weeks). I'm not even sure how they would go about making it work. What's my next best option? Hi flow cats? Or find some stock cats somewhere? Or what is the actual name of the part that the Borla S attaches to? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
Should connect to the midpipes. Those contain the cats. It's Engine-Exhaust Manifolds (Headers)-Midpipes-Catback

Reactions: Se7endust1

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I spotted a few mid pipes for sale on here...just waiting for a PM back from one of the guys selling. I'm trying to figure out what a muffler shop would charge to "make it work" or just flat out buy a new (used) mid pipe.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Get ahold of Stage 6 Motorsports they have what you are looking for. I have 2 flanges on order from them as of a few days ago.

These custom flanges from Stage 6 Motorsports meet the 5 inch separation in bolt hole measurement that our vehicles have, and the internal diameter of the exhaust opening is around that 3" mark.

This is what a normal 3" flange looks like and this is why you are having troubles:

This is close to what the Stage 6 Motorsports Flange looks like:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.