Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Miami Meet - Thurs, August 11th - NEW LOCATION

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  CHUCKTOWNSRT8 
#1 ·
NEW LOCATION - NEW UPDATE FROM PREVIOUS MEETS - PLEASE READ BELOW

The next SSP meeting! But this time we have a new home with some great benefits. We will have significantly more parking! We are meeting at a great restaurant and we'll be having dinner there after we hang out for a while. We will have our own dedicated room for our dinner. No waiting, no problem getting seated.
Come and join us. I feel we have the best Mopar turnout of any club in Miami. We have all the modern Mopar muscle represented! We've seen the 300's, Magnums, Chargers, Challengers, Calibers and now Jeep! We have had them in all the spec ranges from base models to SRT8's and at all levels of modification, from CAI's to Supercharges and Turbos. It's safe to say we have the best Mopar turn out in Miami right now. Come by and join us and make it even better!

The next meet we are going to have is this week on Thursday the 11th of August. However, we will be at a NEW LOCATION. DETAILS ARE BELOW. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU SEE THE DETAILS.

Get those rides ready to show off. The meet is for SSP Miami. It's an open (no particular make/model) car club in Miami. We meet regualrly and also participate in a number of car shows during the year. We also have a couple of drives/events during the year outside of the club meetings. It's a great group and the atmosphere is really laid back. Best of all.... it's free. There is no club membership fee.
This meeting we'll be discussing:

- Tail of the Dragon Cruise dates have been set for early October. We will have details for those interested in joining us on a cruise up to Tenesee to run the Tail of the Dragon! We have details on that including exact dates and times. Make sure to ask!

August Track Dates We head out to Homestead Speedway. We go out to run at the track's Test-nTune days. We take video, share on-board cameras and then put together the videos of the passes from a few angles. We have a blast. We are also going to run our first SSP Challenge. We are basically setting up an SSP Club Member Bracket Race for braggin rights. Come to the meet and ask me the details!

As always, I'll be posting this on at least 5 more dedicated Mopar forums. We should have a good Mopar turnout again! Make sure you're there!
PLEASE MAKE NOTE OF THE NEW LOCATION

The details:
Date: Thursday, August 11th, 2011
Time: 8:00 PM
Place: Sports Grill: 9090 SW 97th Avenue, Miami <<<< NEW MEETING PLACE
Plan: Meet up in the North Lot (address above) at 8:00PM, then walk into our dedicated room for dinner!

See less See more
#2 ·
OK... somebody has to be coming! C'mon folks.... best Mopar meet in Miami! (until I am proven otherwise... and trust me, I've searched... we are the best!)

I've got confirmed a good bunch.... A couple of R/T Chargers and Chally's... I'll be there with the Supercharged SRT8!.... and for you All-Wheelers.... we should have a turbo charged Cherokee SRT8 heading out... So... get those trucks out here!

Weather will not be a concern as we have a plan for that.... food is awesome..... you have no excuses to not come!

#3 ·
OK Folks... we are going to meet. RAIN OR SHINE!

One of the benefits we have with meeting here at the restaurant (and the fact that Jon setup for us to get a separate room) is that we now can meet, rain or shine.

So this is the plan. If it is raining, we will simply head into the restaurant first. When the rain passes (which it usually does) we'll head out again to hang out by the cars afterwards.

If it does not rain... then we have the normal plan... meet first then dinner.

Regardless of the option everyone is free to have whatever they want... just a soda, a full meal or nothing... up to you...

On a separate note, becuase I don't think we mentioned it.... We will be meeting in the northern lot that is adjacent to the restaurant. For those with no sense of direction... LOL... that is the lot to the right of the restaurant when you are looking at the main entrance.

This is the bird's eye view....

We plan to park in the green shaded area. The lot should have those spaces open (it was the case when we went to check it out last week) and will give us AMPLE space. The blue arrow in the shot is the door to the room we will be using. It is a separate entrance and you do not have to use the main door of the restaurant.

#4 ·
Who's got the turbo'd jeep Luis? I think it may be the silver one I'm driving right now that isn't complete:D Mike said he talked to you a few weeks ago.

#5 ·
:rolleyes:... Totally deflate our hopes of seeing that!... JK...

Yeah it was Mike that mentioned it and that it might be done for this week's meet... but hey... what can we do....Maybe the next meet???? If not, I'll have to find somethign else to entice these Jeeps to come out for!

SO.... I know a guy going with an AMAZING Supercharged Charger SRT8 that's gonna be there...:boohoo:... ROFLMAO...

#6 ·
Well if mine had a motor in it :rolleyes: Don't really feel like pulling a Fred Flintstone. Hopefully I will have it back together soon though then Ill see if i can make it.

I remember seeing guys meeting at Macs, my company is right there. Drove by there a number of times while people where meeting but I never stopped.

Most Miami SRT Jeep owners seem to keep to themselves. :confused: I only keep in touch with one other guy and his thing is the track. I think most just buy and drive it but aren't that into modifying it. See a lot of women drivers. Most I see are very stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.