Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, Chris was kind enough to make a pit stop in Richmond on his way home. Seeing the black one first at the SRT tour and now his mineral gray, well, it was completely different!

I believe the MG just sets everything off about the wk2. The lines are gorgeous, front end is fabulous, and it goes well with the chrome.

Driving my jeep to him and then driving his around the block, well you know what I'm going to say next.... I wanted to walk home after than hahaha. That jeeps rides so smooth! The steering wheel feels a lot different, but in a good way. Turning just feels so nice.

I must say, I could get use to driving that thing in now time!! I didn't really get on it because of rain, traffic, and just because I feel weird beating on a friends jeep (maybe I can take the dealers out :lol:) but I can feel the difference just coming off a red light and giving it some gas.

Figured I share some of my brief and common likes, as I really don't have many dislikes, besides the fact I cannot own both.

Thanks again to Chris (yaccster) for taking his time to come and stop by to show off his new, amazing 2012 SRT! I really appreciate it. Hope to see you next week for a detail and some pictures. ;)

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Nice review Johnny and nice Jeep! Mineral Grey has to be the best color IMO.....

Reactions: YKPizzaGuy

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Nice, still not a fan of the WK2 though

·
JEEP SRT since 2006
1,296 Posts
Good seeing ya Johnny. Maybe there will be better weather next week.

Reactions: BOYCHIKS

·
The ModMan
5,764 Posts
Wow, look at the hood!!! Didn't see these lines on the black truck!!! It's pretty stunning, bet it's even more so in real life.

·
Premium Member
16,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What happened to your hood?
I think he took it off for winter.
Yep.

Nice review Johnny and nice Jeep! Mineral Grey has to be the best color IMO.....
I agree; although, I'd still like to see the red in person.

Nice, still not a fan of the WK2 though
You need to check it out in person.

They look good together Johnny, I'm thinking someone should mom into trading in the SS. LOL

Jim
They really do--and they'd look really good side by side in a garage. haha

If my mom wasn't 4'11, I would try. But she hates big cars and I could only imagine her and that thing. Now my dad could use an SUV... :rolleyes: I wouldn't mind taking over his V for a little.. haha

Good seeing ya Johnny. Maybe there will be better weather next week.
Good seeing you again Chris. Wish it wasn't so nasty out. Hope you make it by again and we can grab some lunch and enjoy the 2 jeeps some more!

Wow, look at the hood!!! Didn't see these lines on the black truck!!! It's pretty stunning, bet it's even more so in real life.
Yeah, it really looks good in MG!

So I didn't "Hate" the wk2 when they released the pictures, but I didn't think I'd ever like it enough to want/drive. Seeing the black one at the SRT Tour, I liked it. The rims do look a lot better in person, as Chris stated and is true, they are hard to take a picture of because of the design. Seeing his in person was a mistake, I really like it! LOL. Yes it feels way bigger than mine, but it is. The back seat has plenty of room, the sound system sounds amazing, and I love the dual sun roof. Like I said to Chris, the navigation to me with a 2008 sucks because it is the same, but for him from the 2006 it is a nice upgrade.

As for the colors go, and in my opinion,
Black: Hides the lines, swirl marks, hard to keep clean. Let's just say I don't want a black car again. (Love KingMonkeys though!)
Silver: Looks too plain for me. I feel like the aggressiveness is hiding. Don't get me wrong, I do like the '12 in silver.
Mineral Gray: Makes this car perfect. Color looks clean no matter what, will hide dirt/light scratches, and really looks good with the wheels finish and design.
Deep Cherry Red: Pictures looks great, could imagine how good it will look in person and out in the sun!

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
That WK2 looks hot IMO , Johnnys rig ftw thought .

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Thanks for the quick review and pics Johnny. That was cool of Chris to swing your way so u could check it out. I like his MG as Ive stated in his threads. I think its my fav color.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Mineral Grey, FTFW! Sorry but it puts our WK1's to shame. That hood is sinister.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
740 Posts
That dang hood!

+1

That damn hood shot!

·
Premium Member
16,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That WK2 looks hot IMO , Johnnys rig ftw thought .
Haha, yeah, I don't think I could give mine up for mine, but if I had a stock one I might consider it...

Thanks for the quick review and pics Johnny. That was cool of Chris to swing your way so u could check it out. I like his MG as Ive stated in his threads. I think its my fav color.
It was very cool and nice of him to go out of his way. Only if the deli were open, I could have bought him a nice meal.

That hood is sooooo sick.
+1
That damn hood shot!
Yes, the picture says it all!!

Both Jeeps look awesome, did you block out your plate or use pray
Thanks! And no, probably just my flash.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts