Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got them today finally and boy do they look awesome! I think it took Palella an hour to package them? To say that they were very well insulated and protected would be an understatement. Installed the tails at work when I headed out to lunch (I was excited if you can't tell) and the third brake light about half an hour ago. I probably won't take a stab at switching out the rear fogs until morning and then I'll post some pics if I have time before I head out to work. Thanks Palella! :cool:

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
They're all on. The rear fogs are a pain in the azz to install! I was under the truck with a flashlight installing them till about 12:30AM lol. It's kinda foggy b/c the marine layer is out still this morning. Sorry for the pic quality. Enjoy.

·
Registered
757 Posts
looks great man, I will be getting some soon.... Was it harder to remove the rear fogs or install them? Did you drill holes?

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I drilled holes the size of a quarter prior to the install so I had one less thing to do. Probably took me half an hour each one. Of course I did it on my back last night only using light from a work light. I'm sure some could do it faster that might either A) have better tools or B) have a rack to put the truck on.

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts
lookin' good Zoo, really adds a nice touch when they're all done. . . and I have to concur with the PITA to swap the fogs, it took me a while, and I think I have cut-outs rather than holes where I gained access to the mounting screws, truly a job where the right tools prob would have helped a ton:)

Steve

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everytime I got frustrated I just got up and walked away or I probably would have broken something lol. I am not a patient individual sometimes! Now let's add this mod to the ever growing list that CHP might pull my azz over for.

·
Premium Member
4,076 Posts
holes??

lookin' good Zoo, really adds a nice touch when they're all done. . . and I have to concur with the PITA to swap the fogs, it took me a while, and I think I have cut-outs rather than holes where I gained access to the mounting screws, truly a job where the right tools prob would have helped a ton:)

Steve
just trying to figure out the best way to remove the rear fog lens'. where are the cutouts/holes that people are drilling? need to know the location. i would like to avoid it if possible but realize if i take off the bumper cover that i will have to buy some more of those plastic rivets at 8.99/piece

·
Registered
233 Posts
Flawless. Looks Great Zoo. Perfect choice on tint shade and reverse left clear. Any way of getting to fogs without cutting/drilling?

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Wow. They look awesome. Good Job on the install.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the comps guys. Palella did a great job for sure! Prowler, if you don't want to cut or drill which is minimal, you can remove the bumper. I figured that was more work and you can't see the holes I drilled anyways.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
So My Left Rear Fog Is Broke And Im Waiting On New One To Come In.so When I Change It Im Going To Have To Drill Holes Or Remove Bumper?

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
man...they look great on there. There is no question they make the truck look way better. Problem is now I want them. Nice work Palella and good choice Zoo. Great to see fellow members benefiting from another member's expertise.

everyone else, quit sucking up to the moderator. we already had to go through this azz kizzing with ge2 when he got the title...

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
quit sucking up to the moderator. we already had to go through this azz kizzing with ge2 when he got the title...
That is too funny! No sucking up necessary. Unless you want to?:D

Seriously though, I have completely benefited from this forum, it's members and it's vendors. It's a privelege just to be here...."steps of soap box".

1 - 20 of 28 Posts