Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a friend of mine can get srt8 jeeps from auctions in detroit. thy came straight from chysler. he is getting a 07 srt8 with 95,000 miles for $17,000.
my wife used to drive a 2005 qc srt10 ram. i sold it and got her a acura mdx. she's NOT happy. so i thought one of these would be better on fuel and better for interior space as we breed english bulldogs.
i'm just worried about the miles and 100k maint.
the ram was just a ram with nice seats on the inside. we hated that. are the jeeps better than cheap plastic dashes?
thanks

Attachments

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
maintenance is a big issue. if they have all the maintenance records and can prove its been taken care of, it may be a good deal.

·
Registered
418 Posts
because they come from chrysler does not mean they are MULES...MULES are not sold to public as they are for development only...ask me how i know :)....what he might be getting are chrysler cars that are used by executives, or management. They could also be cars that are given to emplyees for testing/feedback and advertisement to public, BUT they are all production cars. all MULES are crushed my friend after development...

To answer your questions i would say go for it, as those cars are maintained pretty well, since the company pays for maintenance everything is done at the dealer. I have had a chance to get my hands on a couple ( not from auction though) and the owner gave me a folder full of receipts...i mean 1000s of receipts for everything, even wipers were changed at the dealer.

·
"guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,862 Posts
All MULES, all test vehicles are crushed. They dont even donate them to High Schools anymore.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Straight from them might mean it's an off lease vehicle

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Mpg and srt8 jeep don't get along just FYI.

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
a friend of mine can get srt8 jeeps from auctions in detroit. thy came straight from chysler. he is getting a 07 srt8 with 95,000 miles for $17,000.
my wife used to drive a 2005 qc srt10 ram. i sold it and got her a acura mdx. she's NOT happy. so i thought one of these would be better on fuel and better for interior space as we breed english bulldogs.
i'm just worried about the miles and 100k maint.
the ram was just a ram with nice seats on the inside. we hated that. are the jeeps better than cheap plastic dashes?
thanks
Not to get COMPLETELY off topic but..... you guys have any pups available? Do you guys ship? We are looking for a new buddy to go with our 103lb Golden Doodle. Y'alls dogs registered? Shoot me a PM of you have any females available.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Not to get COMPLETELY off topic but..... you guys have any pups available? Do you guys ship? We are looking for a new buddy to go with our 103lb Golden Doodle. Y'alls dogs registered? Shoot me a PM of you have any females available.
Thumbs up for Bully's I love mine got them 4 months ago

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
If you think switching to the Jeep from an MDX that you are going to get better gas mileage, you better have someone pushing it around. You might get 12-14 mpg around town if you are easy on the gas...but then who wants to be easy on the gas in an SRT8?
You are better off somewhere else if you are looking for better gas mileage.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you think switching to the Jeep from an MDX that you are going to get better gas mileage, you better have someone pushing it around. You might get 12-14 mpg around town if you are easy on the gas...but then who wants to be easy on the gas in an SRT8?
You are better off somewhere else if you are looking for better gas mileage.
better gas milage than the 6-7 we got from the srt10. we have had the mdx for 6 months now and she hates it. she wants her truck back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts