Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd really appreciate it if someone can tell me the exact fluids and how much i need for t case,front and rear dif? brands etc Thanks!

Justin

·
Marathon Man
3,229 Posts

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i plain on doing all fluid changes within the next week or so..just trying to find out the right stuff!

·
Registered
739 Posts
That looks all fine and dandy, but according to my VIN, and the Jeep dealership, they're saying that the TC only gets "1.4 Pints" which comes out to 3/4 Qt of TC fluid.

WK Jeeps says I'll need more. What gives?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Tell your dealership to do their homework. If you fully drain the TC for about 10-15 minutes, it should take about 1.5 qts.

It's difficult to tell when it's to the proper fill level (about 1-1.25" below bottom of fill hole), so I'd start with doing 1.5 qts. and adding if you need to. Just make yourself a neat little dipstick like wkjeeps.com says and you'll be set.

I'm a perfectionist and stressed on the TC fluid ordeal, drained a little, added a little, drained a little, kicked the dog, added a little...the diffs are much simpler.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hey man... Just got the call. It took about 3/4qt to get it around an inch below the bottom of the fill hole.
I wonder what the capacity discrepancy is all about...???
Two different techs at the dealership also said (yesterday when i was researching) that they use "less than a quart, and if I use anymore, i'd be pouring dollars onto the floor, because it won't hold even a full quart"
Sure enough... It didn't.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.