Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a couple of cars that have been produced in limited quantities or at least "special" in some way making it a chore to find the correct parts. This site has been a great help along the 80K miles I've put on my 2006 SRT8 JGC since purchased new.

I'm a little off schedule but I plan to do the trans, f/r axles, transfer, coolant and plugs. If I can find a hood strut, window motor and a fluid pump tool along the way I'll be very happy.

I've used the supporting vendors to great satisfaction (Thanks to R1, Stage 6, Maryland Speed and others) and I spend quite a bit of my free time researching for things of immediate need, or future projects.

Who do you use for maintenance type items, i.e. fluids, filters, gaskets that deliver to the door? Is it too much to ask for a complete and correct order delivered? I've returned a hood strut twice already. If I follow through with what I've found so far I'll have to order from three different places and still have to go to the dealer for the rest. I recognize the specificity of the Jeep and my own preferences but when they don’t even list SRT8 in their search tools, I move on.

I'm hoping to spend my time rolling around (in or under) the vehicle rather than on the phone or glued to the computer.

Any positive experiences would be appreciated.
 

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
Joined
·
3,065 Posts
I've got a couple of cars that have been produced in limited quantities or at least "special" in some way making it a chore to find the correct parts. This site has been a great help along the 80K miles I've put on my 2006 SRT8 JGC since purchased new.

I'm a little off schedule but I plan to do the trans, f/r axles, transfer, coolant and plugs. If I can find a hood strut, window motor and a fluid pump tool along the way I'll be very happy.

I've used the supporting vendors to great satisfaction (Thanks to R1, Stage 6, Maryland Speed and others) and I spend quite a bit of my free time researching for things of immediate need, or future projects.

Who do you use for maintenance type items, i.e. fluids, filters, gaskets that deliver to the door? Is it too much to ask for a complete and correct order delivered? I've returned a hood strut twice already. If I follow through with what I've found so far I'll have to order from three different places and still have to go to the dealer for the rest. I recognize the specificity of the Jeep and my own preferences but when they don’t even list SRT8 in their search tools, I move on.

I'm hoping to spend my time rolling around (in or under) the vehicle rather than on the phone or glued to the computer.

Any positive experiences would be appreciated.

http://moparonlineparts.com/
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,140 Posts
We can get factory parts at a great price. Just let me know what you need and I'll get you a quote.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
5,880 Posts
We can get factory parts at a great price. Just let me know what you need and I'll get you a quote.
I always find it's better to go through a known source and a supporting vendor at that, so yeah I'd go with Harrison's idea.

Bernie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
418 Posts
even though the WK1 SRT was a limited production the parts are far from hard to be found. Its a GC with a SRT drivetrain and some cosmetic changes, I would say 60% of parts are the same as the regular GC, and the other 40% are different. My hood strut went bad at 28k miles ( pretty poor quality i must say) so i went to autozone and got an aftermarket one with 2yr warrant, so after 1.5 yrs ill go and get a new one under warranty :), im doing the same thing with my Duralast rotors.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top