Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
LAUNCH
1,103 Posts
Tuning. That's the number one thing one want to know about. What is being used to tune it. (99% chance it's a diablo but which tool?) Does it come with the tuning tool? Who did the tuning? If there's no tool then there is no original backup for you and you need that. How was it tuned, dyno, road, email?

You want to know the pulley size of the magnuson and what boost it's running. Was the fuel system upgraded at all? Any transmission mods done? Did they install a boost gauge in the vehicle? Who did the work?

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
E has done 10's in his built jeep with the maggie.. as for buying a used blown jeep..find out how long has it been boosted & how many 1/4 passes & most importantly who tuned it..and what else supporting mods..fuel pump etc.. my son is looking at supercharger for his charger srt8 ..he's thinking about the maggie..but a kenne bell is another one and he likes the sound & looks of the KB ..I showed him the Whipple & he loves the look of that unit as well.idk which direction he will go,but he has money to go either way.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Got one on my Jeep. It was installed this spring by Authentic Performance in Toronto. I am running the stock system with 6 lbs. boost on the Magnuson tune. No engine or trans mods. I do have a Solo cat-back exhaust. On the dyno it made 455 HP and 461 torques. The Jeep normally runs 12.1s but my best was 3 weeks ago...I ran a 12.05 at 114 mph...so close to 11's. I like the look and I'm happy with the performance.

·
Thread Derailer
5,099 Posts
Got one on my Jeep. It was installed this spring by Authentic Performance in Toronto. I am running the stock system with 6 lbs. boost on the Magnuson tune. No engine or trans mods. I do have a Solo cat-back exhaust. On the dyno it made 455 HP and 461 torques. The Jeep normally runs 12.1s but my best was 3 weeks ago...I ran a 12.05 at 114 mph...so close to 11's. I like the look and I'm happy with the performance.
I’ve seen, touched and raced Tom’s Jeep and I can vouch for it personally...she’s a beauty AND a beast! His Maggie is a sweet set up. Like everyone says on here tuning is everything. When properly installed and tuned the supercharger style is largely a matter of personal preference.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a Maggie on 3.0 pulley, which here in Boise ID is giving me about 6.5lbs of boost. I am at 2900ft above sea level, but with our piss poor DA (density alt) I am anywhere from 5,000ft and above. With just the Magnuson S/C, and a conservative tune from Johan, I ran 11.90's...all day long. Very consistent, and high 1.6x 60ft. Added a FRI lilboy cam, Kooks headers, high flow cats, Borla S, and a Mopar TCM. Now I run low 11.5's with high 1.5x 60ft. Adjusted for DA I would be low 11.2ish range. Not bad for a S/C setup, with no trans, stall or drag radials. Get with Johan, do a race tune as well as a 91 or 93 tune. Maggies are strong, no matter what the Procharger or Vortech guys say. As far as reliability, they are bulletproof, and no oil change intervals for 100k miles. Same supercharger as the CTS-v Vette ZR1...so they are solid, reliable and are the most attractive of the S/C kits in my opinion.

Reactions: Passmg2

·
BlaBlaBla
5,298 Posts
I got down to 10.27 in the quarter. It's not recommended for the faint of wallet!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I got down to 10.27 in the quarter. It's not recommended for the faint of wallet!
I bet you wish you went turbo from the beginning!

Reactions: eskle

·
"guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,862 Posts
My wife has a Maggie on her 2009 Yukon and has had zero issues.

Reactions: eskle

·
BlaBlaBla
5,298 Posts
I bet you wish you went turbo from the beginning!

Had tons of fun with the Maggie.
Turbo is a riot. Much more street able. But with any high HP build you have to break out the wrenches and the wallet.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Had tons of fun with the Maggie.
Turbo is a riot. Much more street able.
Why is the turbo much more street able than the Maggie?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a Maggie on 3.0 pulley, which here in Boise ID is giving me about 6.5lbs of boost. I am at 2900ft above sea level, but with our piss poor DA (density alt) I am anywhere from 5,000ft and above. With just the Magnuson S/C, and a conservative tune from Johan, I ran 11.90's...all day long. Very consistent, and high 1.6x 60ft. Added a FRI lilboy cam, Kooks headers, high flow cats, Borla S, and a Mopar TCM. Now I run low 11.5's with high 1.5x 60ft. Adjusted for DA I would be low 11.2ish range. Not bad for a S/C setup, with no trans, stall or drag radials. Get with Johan, do a race tune as well as a 91 or 93 tune. Maggies are strong, no matter what the Procharger or Vortech guys say. As far as reliability, they are bulletproof, and no oil change intervals for 100k miles. Same supercharger as the CTS-v Vette ZR1...so they are solid, reliable and are the most attractive of the S/C kits in my opinion.
I've been meaning to find you, I've seen you out at firebird and picked up a kenne bell blown jeep a little while back. Was wondering what all you had done to yours. I'll have to drop and say hey next time i see you out there

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
247 Posts
I just finished my install on my 2008 I love it pretty straight forward! Ill post some good pics when I get a minute

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry to revive this thread, but instead of doing a new one and cheesing people off, be better to just add onto this one. Recently got my SRT WK 2010 in the UK and over here you can't do diddly with them unless you ship stuff from your side of the pond. Anyhow, my SRT is on 39k miles from new, all mint, serviced etc etc. And been looking at this:

Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 6.1L V8 HEMI Supercharger System

So the reason is, I fancy some more power and I love SC's. However, I want it to be reliable, not pushing the engine and transmission to limits etc and also, I don't want to be upgrading all the ful pumps and stuff... I just want more reliable power say 100bhp over stock.

So, my simple question is, with this super charger, I've looked through the fitting instructions and all looks decently straight forward, do you guys think I'd need anything else upgraded OR is this a fit it kit, use their supplied remap and off I go happy and reliable? it seems to contain everything I need, but noticed other super chargers seem to be saying fuel upgrade kits etc are not supplied.

Do I need all those extra bits or can I just buy this kit and be done with it. Like I say I'm not looking for an absolute monster like loads of guys, just a simple kit that gives me more. Done :)

Thanks
Mark

·
Super Moderator
11,033 Posts
Sorry to revive this thread, but instead of doing a new one and cheesing people off, be better to just add onto this one. Recently got my SRT WK 2010 in the UK and over here you can't do diddly with them unless you ship stuff from your side of the pond. Anyhow, my SRT is on 39k miles from new, all mint, serviced etc etc. And been looking at this:

Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 6.1L V8 HEMI Supercharger System

So the reason is, I fancy some more power and I love SC's. However, I want it to be reliable, not pushing the engine and transmission to limits etc and also, I don't want to be upgrading all the ful pumps and stuff... I just want more reliable power say 100bhp over stock.

So, my simple question is, with this super charger, I've looked through the fitting instructions and all looks decently straight forward, do you guys think I'd need anything else upgraded OR is this a fit it kit, use their supplied remap and off I go happy and reliable? it seems to contain everything I need, but noticed other super chargers seem to be saying ful upgrade kits etc are not supplied. Do I need all those extra bits or can I just buy this kit and be done with it. Like I say I'm not looking for an absolute monster like loads of guys, just a simple kit that gives me more. Done :)

Thanks
Mark
I used to have the Maggie and everything you need is in the kit. As long as you don't want too keep upping the amount of boost, you should be fine. You should get an a/f gauge and connect to your programmer. and always have a tuner look over your tune after installed.

If you want more boost, adding a larger fuel pump isn't that difficult.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pugheaven

·
Registered
38 Posts
I used to have the Maggie and everything you need is in the kit. As long as you don't want too keep upping the amount of boost, you should be fine. You should get an a/f gauge and connect to your programmer. and always have a tuner look over your tune after installed.

If you want more boost, adding a larger fuel pump isn't that difficult.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Cheers man, useful as I think if I do go SC, this is the one I'll go for.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts