Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New to the forum.

Had a question on using the 6psi Magnacharger TVS2300 blower kit on a stock engine) - What IDC are you seeing with 8psi pulley?

The reason behind the injector question came about when....

Id like to move up to having 7-8psi of manifold pressure. Depending which thread you read, would depict which size is recommended to achieve this on a stock engine. also, the consensus is 8psi stock engine = no issues and 'safe' after doing the following:
1. Fuel Pump upgrade
2. 1 stage colder plugs
3. green belt for slippage (I always use HD belts anyways).
4. ECM Calibration

The purchase Magnacharger kit comes with a 3.200 inch pulley. - confirmed
Using a 3.200 inch pulley on a 'stock 6.1 would yield ~6psi (maybe slightly more or less) when subjected to air that is MSL (mean sea level). This would be 101.3kpa ambient.
You should be able to measure manifold pressure of ~142.6kpa. (6psi increase)

Where I am located, I measured today for example 88.0kpa ambient. I still see a ~6 psi increase (but the net result is 1.8 less than my MSL counterpart).

Details:
My increase is 6.19psi. (88.0kpa ambient add 42.7kpa to the measured 130.7kpa. This is 11.9kpa or 1.73psi less than MLS counterpart to be more precise.

Dig a bit deeper...

Several runs yield the same result of ~130kpa in this particular run 130.7kpa.
(refer to attachment)
Ambient.jpg

Run6.jpg

VCMshot.jpg

In my calibration, I am commanding an FA Power enrichment ratio of 0.0190 using a 0.0694 FA Stoich. (for the non technicals, commanding AFR of 11.3:1)
With the injectors that came with the kit... the boost that my MSL counterpart would see only a mere 4.3psi... the commanding fuel AFR of 11.3:1
IDC is 87.8%.

I have been calibration for a while now and my rule of thumb was over 85% = move up on the injector or increase rail pressure.
This kit in my opinion came with 'barely' enough injector for the quote unquote 6psi pulley, measuring 4.3psi let alone 8psi, yet not one thread mentions this.

What IDC are you seeing with 8psi pulley?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Figured out partial reason for the high ITC,
Wideband is showing FAT rich (10.8:1). This is with the stock maggie calibration... which appears to be a very 'shitty' calibration.

Ill be using HP Tuners to tune this up.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I just got the magnuson 2300 kit sitting here for my basic bolt on 2008, Ill let you know how it goes, I have an AWD dyno jet at work so im using HP Tuners as well

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I will do the same. We can collaborate and share calibration advice.
Im waiting for injectors / pump, a variety of pulleys and Fleetrunner belts to arrive.

Also debating changing the slugs (drop ins) as the main concern is the top ringland.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts