Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was wondering what pulley size (diameter) should I get to boost this 6.1L HEMI (forged pistons already) to about 9-10 or even 12 PSI as we already have large injectors and dual fuel pump in-tank in our JK.

The kit supplied shoud have come with a pulley size to boost 9 PSI as offered by the vendor but endep up boosting barely 5 PSI. I'm not sure if Magnuson offer different pulley sizes but I can do one custom down here quickly and cheap (I'm out of USA). The pulley inof in our S/C has a 3.200º and .400 º's marks, not sure if the 3.200 is actually the diameter in inches because I didn't measure it yet.

Any info or feedback is very appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Why wouldn't reach 12 PSI with such pulley? Too small or the blower already it's limited internally to flow and/or boost such pressure in this engine?

·
BlaBlaBla
5,274 Posts
To see much more than 10 lbs you need to enter another galaxy with the Maggie. Enjoy a reliable blower with the 10lb. pulley.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To see much more than 10 lbs you need to enter another galaxy with the Maggie. Enjoy a reliable blower with the 10lb. pulley.
Actually the target was 9 PSI or 10 PSI at most and still is my target. So still bit unsure what pulley size I should run to achive that boost.

·
DONE
5,523 Posts
Actually the target was 9 PSI or 10 PSI at most and still is my target. So still bit unsure what pulley size I should run to achive that boost.
Eskle will take care of you. Any questions about the Maggie, he will have the answer. If you didn't know, he has spun the Maggie well past 10psi......

·
BlaBlaBla
5,274 Posts
Eskle will take care of you. Any questions about the Maggie, he will have the answer. If you didn't know, he has spun the Maggie well past 10psi......

Maybe I can take care of him. Not sure if I can find the stuff. It also stops being fun above the 10 lb. level. That's where the big pain began. On the car and in the wallet.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for reply guys. I would love to stick between 9 -10 PSI then. I didn't know these s/c's were that limited :(

eskle, if you find out the pulley size, let me know please.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts