Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So thinking about deleting the suitcase muffler and resos, and replacing with a Magnaflow 12599 in place of the suitcase. It's described as having a "Tru-X perforated core."

Now, in the next couple months I want to do the Magnaflow high-flow midpipe "y-pipe" even though it has the x pipe built in:

Now my question is, would it be redundant having two "x's" basically in a row? Would I be better off going with two regular straight through type Magnaflow mufflers?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
It will be pretty quiet. I'd go with two 12867's. Are you leaving the reso's on ?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Hmm. Well I can tell you I had catless headers on with the 12867 singles and reso delete and it was loud as hell so maybe you should stick with the 12599. Although maybe with the stock headers and hi flows it would be okay ? Hard to say.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just installed this muffler with reso delete! I love it! Nice rumble with start up and a great sound at wot! I left the resos in at first and sounded pretty much the same as stock to me but with the resos gone I love it! Great muffler! Imo

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
I have the tru xpipe. i like it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input, but does anyone have any opinions about two X's right in a row? What i am most concerned about. I know Magnaflow mufflers sound awesome on the Jeeps, just want to make sure I go w/ the best setup.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was thinking of using the magnaflow tru xpipe and replacing the suitcase with two 12687's magnaflow rounds. I think I would leave the reso's on.

With this setup you wouldn't have to worry about having double x's, and way cheaper than a full system.

Has anyone run this setup?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was thinking of using the magnaflow tru xpipe and replacing the suitcase with two 12687's magnaflow rounds. I think I would leave the reso's on.

With this setup you wouldn't have to worry about having double x's, and way cheaper than a full system.

Has anyone run this setup?
Bump, I'm sure someone will have experience w/ a similar set up. I have no idea what (if any) effect double x's would have in back pressure, exhaust flow, and HP/TQ loss/gain

·
Registered
169 Posts
I still do not know what way shoule I go with my 426.
I have stock headers and do not want to replace them. Wanna add cut outs but in order to fit them weel have to delete mid muffler and save the resos or second way move mid muffler backward to make place for cut outs and delete the resos.
Will I loose power/torque without mid muffler as the backpressure will be different ?
What is best way ?
My goal is first performance than sound. Do not care about drone. It is hemi:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts