Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks - just have been reading A LOT of old posts about exhaust set-ups and have a couple of questions for anyone who can help.

My stock 2008 muffler is rusted through and is in need of replacement. Buying another stock one seems somewhat silly considering the cost. I've been reading a number of posts and plan to keep the reso's due to the back pressure they provide, but obviously need to replace the muffler.

As such, I am thinking about keeping the stock cats, adding a Magnaflow 12599 and POSSIBLY the Magnaflow Tru-X X-Pipe as well. It seems like many have experimented with combinations similar to this but not this actual combo.

1) Has anyone actually ran a stock cat, stock reso + Magnaflow 12599 system? If so, were there any HP/TQ differences between the stock muffler and the 12599?

2) Has anyone added a Magnaflow True-X X-Pipe to the above combination? If so, what did it do to HP/TQ?

Any help is most appreciated.

Adam

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an 08 and just installed Magnaflow 16709 cat back & 16423 hi flow cats. Sounds good when on the throttle but getting the annoying CEL light. Have not had time to tune so I dont know the hp numbers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts