Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone first post on here. Very glad to find this group.

I have a 2012 Jeep SRT 8. Since I got it, I have not had the use of my Terrain switch (IE track, sport, auto, snow, tow,) and it has been stuck in auto. I also have had no power to the lower part of my switch bank in the console (IE Traction Control on off, Heated steering wheel, AC power outlet, etc.). I used to think it was a bad module somewhere but am now of the mind that it's a bad ground or connection. While driving down the road and hitting a patch of uneven pavement the power will from time to time come on and off to these areas and everything works fine. So, I know that it is not a bad module, but more likely a bad connection. Does anyone know where the ground locations are for these areas? I would really like to ferrate this out before I have to take it to the steelership as you know that they just love to replace shit that doesn't need it. 馃お. Please help if you can any information is appreciated. 馃檪 Thank You

Attachments

Registered
Willing to bet that someone's been in there before and didn't "snap" the connectors together tightly - or - pinched/grazed/sliced a wire and its grounding out. I'd take it apart as it's super easy to do...essentially, it all just snaps out and unplug. Do a little searching and you should easily find the culprit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts