Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally found a place to do a 10 point cage for me. I didn't think I'd be able to find a place in time. They said they're 2 weeks out and it'll take them 1 week to do it.:D Looks like though I'll be out for the Oct. race.:( Well.... racing that is. I'll still drive up there to hang out though.:D Maybe I can rent a GCWK2 5.7L to drive up there and run it.:rofl: With my new engine about to get under way from LPM and the cage, tranny blanket, driveshaft loops, window net, Wavetrac, and full suit...... I should be good to run a pretty good number I hope.:cool:

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Nice HB , So this means no Cage no Runs at Atco ??? If so No racing for me :(

·
Premium Lurker
4,232 Posts
Great news HarryBallZ!!! Can't wait to see the Jeep run at Atco, and looking forward to throwing back a few cold ones as well! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice HB , So this means no Cage no Runs at Atco ??? If so No racing for me :(
Don't know...... but I'm shooting for a single digit run. Plus I'm just tired of not being able to run anywhere.

Reactions: m4xm1l10n

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great news HarryBallZ!!! Can't wait to see the Jeep run at Atco, and looking forward to throwing back a few cold ones as well! :cheers:
Me too.... I can't wait to run in that air again. That stuff up there is like crack to us Florida boys!

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Damn thats awesome Harrison congrats bro! I can't wait to see what your beast can do either! I will definitely be joining you and Brian in throwing back some beers as well :D

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What hotel are all the Jeep guys staying at?

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you run faster then 11.50 you will need a cage. from what I understand they will be strict this year..
Hey Scott..... what about a 9 sec. license? If so, I may have to bring my buddy to drive.:(:mad:

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Damn, i don't even know if i should come to this.... I'm not gonna be able to run....

But congrats Harry, thats sick!

·
"guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,862 Posts
Hey!!! We all have side curtain airbags!! That has to count for something!!!

Come on. I've said this a million times. Our Jeeps are safer running a high 9 then a 67 Dodge Dart with a full cage.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Sweet man! Congratulations! I'm glad Joe was able to accomodate you. Looking forward to another killer motor by LPM. You should be able to finally realize the potential of that turbo!

I have been battling in my own mind if I want to put a 10pt in my Jeep. IDK man... We'll see. Thought about spraying at either ATCO or Englishtown. If I did, it would probably be at the latter.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Damn, i don't even know if i should come to this.... I'm not gonna be able to run....QUOTE]

Dont say that! LOL! How fast are you projecting to run? I am sure they will be a little lenient, just not let you get away with murder. It would be in their best interest as it is a track rental. No matter what, it will still be fun and you could always slow down if you needed. You could also get a bar/cage installed before then! Just a thought! LOL!

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Hell yeah HB...gonna be naaaasty.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Damn, i don't even know if i should come to this.... I'm not gonna be able to run....QUOTE]

Dont say that! LOL! How fast are you projecting to run? I am sure they will be a little lenient, just not let you get away with murder. It would be in their best interest as it is a track rental. No matter what, it will still be fun and you could always slow down if you needed. You could also get a bar/cage installed before then! Just a thought! LOL!
Idk how fast it will run... I'll just say someone with a VERY similar set up is in the 9's....

By similar i mean basically exact, powerwise..

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
I'm not at all wanting to install a 10 point but since VA is out I'm now considering ATCO and you have to have it to race there.......

1 - 20 of 46 Posts