Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 GC SRT8 Procharger PSC1 Stage 2, Stainless Works Headers and Mid Pipes, Solo Catback, 85mm T
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I recently purchased a beautiful 2007 SRT8 with 23,000 miles on it. I spent some time on here and other forums looking around and was impressed by the performance gains stated everywhere by adding a procharger, headers, and tune. I decided to purchase a procharger stage two kit, it has a P1SC1 (H). I also purchased a set of Stainless Works Headers and mid-pipes. I purchased it with a Solo cat back already on it. When I received the Jeep I ran some baseline runs. The best run stock was 13.23 @ 105.6. I purchased the Procharger, headers, and tune from a very well known and reputable performance shop known for building Cup NASCAR engines. After all these mods my best run was 12.56 @ 107.4. The Dyno results on a Mustang Dyno were 352 rwhp stock, 458 rwhp after all mods. Here is my question. My dealer / tuner told me Procharger makes wild claims stating 160+ hp gains with a stage 2 kit and the 50-85% bolt on power gains. Long story short if you do the math the performance gain overall was 30%. If you subtract 25hp for the headers you are left with 23% gain with the Procharger. I feel that there is some missing power somewhere. I find it hard to believe procharger makes those claims and only produces a 23% increase. If it is the case I feel like it is a fraud for the 15K investment in parts and labor. I feel like there is really something wrong here. I would like to hear from some folks with real data with the same or very close to the same mods. I am about to call Procharger to the table over this, unless I am missing something here this is terrible for gains. I should have built a motor....Any input and supporting data will be very much appreciated. I love my new Jeep and it is fast for a brick. However, I think there is some power left on the table..Thanks to all here. They call me Dave, nice to meet ya.

·
Registered
2007 GC SRT8 Procharger PSC1 Stage 2, Stainless Works Headers and Mid Pipes, Solo Catback, 85mm T
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would check off a couple things, are there upgraded injectors or spark plugs? And the tune also, I’ve seen very good tuners pull hood horsepower just from simple bolt one and a good tune. I’ve even seen a couple jeeps same mods making 600+ wheel. It seems like something is off because you should be over 500 wheel.
Talked to Nate @ Demon Performance. He said it was the tune. It should be 500+...Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They didn't suggest a boost gauge? How about an AFR gauge, have one?
They didn't help me much at all as I can see now. Told me I didn't need a boost gage. They also should have gone with a D1 I was told . I spoke with someone who had contact info on here and they are suppose to set me up with an AFR and a tune for it. For the reputation this shop has I cannot believe the service and treatment I have received. Really weird. They either hate Jeeps or me, and I don't know any of them.
Any tips or suggestions from anyone here are greatly appreciated. I'm an old chevy and nitrous guy. Been out of the game a while as well. Any help with my conversion to Mopar is greatly appreciated. Thanks Mondo.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You should definitely be using a AFR and boost gauge. I have a D1 among other mods and am at 630 to the wheel in high altitude.
I can tell you that I gained 50HP just from changing tuners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just finished installing my AFR Sunday, I am waiting for a new tune. I spoke with Procharger and their in house test results for the same system I have Stage 2 with a P1 on a totally stock Jeep put out 471 + to the wheels with the tune they provide. I got almost a 20 HP decrease by adding long tube headers and a custom tune. I will post an update when I get this straightened out. Thanks for the reply. Nice ride. You are right where I wanted to be HP wise.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wanted to update this post with the TRUTH about my build and what others can expect from the addition of aftermarket set-ups like I have done. Here is what I know.---What went wrong with my install was merely poor service and tuning, the why remains a mystery to myself and others that know this performance shop. The problem was that with the addition of headers and mid pipes it dropped the boost to 6 psi and it also had a poor tune. I had to add an AFR and boost gage. I was able to work with Johan for all the tuning. I had to change the pulley to get to 7 psi of boost. After a tune alone Johan took almost 4 tenths off the previous best 6 psi time and it ran 12.20 1/4 mile et. I changed the pulley to get the 7 psi that Procharger sets it up for and re-tuned to run a best of 12.07 @ 113.98 and spun all 4 wheels on 93 octane. I am assuming with the trap speed I will be around 11.65-11.80 with good traction. I have since installed an 85mm throttle body and may go with some Eibachs, QA1 shocks, and B-woody stuff to put it to the ground on street meat. So now it's good. Johan is good to work with, he did me right. He got me to the racetrack before it closed. I will say that Procharger tech was a big help to me in fixing this and also kept my extended warranty after the pulley change. Unfortunately they still advertise this shop to do their work, they said it was an isolated incident. It cost me quite a bit of money and time to fix the poor work. They also left me with a leaking crank seal after they changed the balancer. Still have to fix that. So, buyer beware if you take your stuff somewhere...............Big thanks to Johan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts