Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hello All,
I recently purchased a beautiful 2007 SRT8 with 23,000 miles on it. I spent some time on here and other forums looking around and was impressed by the performance gains stated everywhere by adding a procharger, headers, and tune. I decided to purchase a procharger stage two kit, it has a P1SC1 (H). I also purchased a set of Stainless Works Headers and mid-pipes. I purchased it with a Solo cat back already on it. When I received the Jeep I ran some baseline runs. The best run stock was 13.23 @ 105.6. I purchased the Procharger, headers, and tune from a very well known and reputable performance shop known for building Cup NASCAR engines. After all these mods my best run was 12.56 @ 107.4. The Dyno results on a Mustang Dyno were 352 rwhp stock, 458 rwhp after all mods. Here is my question. My dealer / tuner told me Procharger makes wild claims stating 160+ hp gains with a stage 2 kit and the 50-85% bolt on power gains. Long story short if you do the math the performance gain overall was 30%. If you subtract 25hp for the headers you are left with 23% gain with the Procharger. I feel that there is some missing power somewhere. I find it hard to believe procharger makes those claims and only produces a 23% increase. If it is the case I feel like it is a fraud for the 15K investment in parts and labor. I feel like there is really something wrong here. I would like to hear from some folks with real data with the same or very close to the same mods. I am about to call Procharger to the table over this, unless I am missing something here this is terrible for gains. I should have built a motor....Any input and supporting data will be very much appreciated. I love my new Jeep and it is fast for a brick. However, I think there is some power left on the table..Thanks to all here. They call me Dave, nice to meet ya.
Remember, ProCharger can’t know under what conditions their products are being installed. They produce numbers, mostly for marketing, based on volume of air the system can provide coupled with a typical build for street legal autos.
They have a test vehicle they use for dimensions and for testing the final product. And who knows what conditions the DYNO test were conducted.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts