Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As with the JKs and JLs etc, there are numerous products made for mounting all types of firearms. Does anyone know of any products that a are specially produced to mount a long gun in a WK2? Thanks in advance for your thoughts and ideas, Folks.

·
Registered
203 Posts
As with the JKs and JLs etc, there are numerous products made for mounting all types of firearms. Does anyone know of any products that a are specially produced to mount a long gun in a WK2? Thanks in advance for your thoughts and ideas, Folks.
This but its absolutely overkill: SUV Secure Storage | TruckVault SUVault® Model LD3004 for 2011 - 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I suppose some of it would be how you want to use it. IE is it just for hunting or do you need to get to it fast? They dont seem to make a lot for our jeeps unfortunately. Im kind of surprised that someone does not design something that would bolt into the rear seat footwell area (assuming you dont use the rear seats and keep them folded like I do as I like the space to move stuff).

This is on the cheep end and I have not tried it yet but am thinking about it: https://www.amazon.com/Big-Sky-BSR-...4ee8e99b05a6a&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This but its absolutely overkill: SUV Secure Storage | TruckVault SUVault® Model LD3004 for 2011 - 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I suppose some of it would be how you want to use it. IE is it just for hunting or do you need to get to it fast? They dont seem to make a lot for our jeeps unfortunately. Im kind of surprised that someone does not design something that would bolt into the rear seat footwell area (assuming you dont use the rear seats and keep them folded like I do as I like the space to move stuff).

This is on the cheep end and I have not tried it yet but am thinking about it: https://www.amazon.com/Big-Sky-BSR-2-2-Gun-Overhead/dp/B0007UENMY?_encoding=UTF8&c=ts&dchild=1&keywords=Automotive+Gun+Racks&qid=1610984101&refinements=p_36:5000-&rnid=386589011&s=hunting-fishing&sr=1-1&ts_id=11162632011&linkCode=ll1&tag=snd-brr-gun-rack-20&linkId=2b601a24d126ef9ad014ee8e99b05a6a&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl
Hey, Sir. So, yes, we want to find something that can be accessed FAST. I wanted to check with you all before I grabbed some industrial loc-tite and a generic rack and fabricated some sloppy version that albeit would be functional, but may be lacking aesthetically. Thanks for the input, Sir.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hey, Sir. So, yes, we want to find something that can be accessed FAST. I wanted to check with you all before I grabbed some industrial loc-tite and a generic rack and fabricated some sloppy version that albeit would be functional, but may be lacking aesthetically. Thanks for the input, Sir.
The other idea is we have decent space under the seats and if you had something with either a brace or a long gun with a folding stock it may fit. I think I would leave it completely stock and go with something with a brace in case you actually need it. A lot of people up here use things like Micro Draco's or Galil Ace's. The reasoning being absolutely everyone is armed up here and the fauna itself is pretty deadly. I dont bother but use a glock 20 (10mm) instead that doubles as my hiking and jogging gun.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What situation are we planning for? If you are expecting to run into trouble roll hot with your rifle pinned against the transmission tunnel with your right leg. Or you’re in an SRT, so follow the theory behind the “tactical time-space continuum”: Create space, give yourself time. Give yourself enough time to set up, and wait. The side of the fight that isn’t driving usually wins. Moving and shooting is a lot more complicated than just shooting. If you have it in any type of locking case or storage vault you won’t be getting to it under fire. So have it out and ready to rock when you need. I have a pelican bolted down inside where my spare tire was for when I need it secured. Back to my question, what situation are you expecting? Sorry not to many SRT owners ever visit the two-way range so always good to hear other opinions from someone who has the same vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts