Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for context incase relevant: USA, 2017 Jeep SRT, 0 keys , push button start , curtain and driver seat airbags are blown

i had a locksmith come out to my car last week to program a new key fob (bought from same locksmith) and he said the car wouldn’t communicate (i’m assuming with his programming device), which meant he couldn’t program the key. he said something like it might be a fuse or maybe because the airbags blew. car obviously not running since i have no keys otherwise i would’ve took it into a shop but for now does anyone have any idea as to why this is/how to diagnose or fix the issue? rescheduled for Friday so hoping to get it fixed before then.

tl;dr : tried to get key fob programmed but locksmith couldn’t communicate with car, why?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any news on this?

So where are the keys, is this your car?

It's been in a crash, so probably the intertis switch (if present on these) is triggered, maybe that inhibits comms with ECU?
i actually just had a different locksmith come out this morning and he was able to get a key programmed. must've just been an issue with the other locksmiths setup/device or something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts