Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the wife goes shopping (this is where my pain starts).lol. When she returns to the Jeep it does not open when reaching for the door handle as it usually does. She did not know my fob was inside.She unlocks it with the fob button. Loads the stuff in,including her purse with her fob in it, shuts the passenger door and goes around to the driver door. Locked.Both fobs inside and when you reach for the handle, nothing. Of course the manual key is inside both fobs. I show up to make sure this is true, and it is. Call roadside Chrysler assistance and they send someone out in 45 min(good service) and they unlock door in 2 minutes (disturbing). Get it back home and try everything a bunch of times and it works flawlessly.Even if she accidently locked it at the pass door(she said did not), why didnt it unlock when reaching for the d handle on the d side? I have allready separated the key&fob so this doesn,t happen again.Checked menu and all is set as I left it.
:confused:
Is this some kind of flaw? Or is it just "shopping proof".
I assume they dont have the GPS unlock like onstar.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I was just wondering the same thing today, sometimes I tend to put my key in the cup holder and almost got out without it. I havent tried to see if it will lock me out though. What did Chrysler use to open the car? Slim jim or something else?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes slim jim. If you leave your fob inside it will not lock by pressing the small button on the d handle. If you leave your fob inside and press the lock button inside the d door and close it, it locks then immediatly unlocks flashing and or honking 3 times to tell you the fob is inside.
That is why i cant figure out how this happened.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts