Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I raced a new SHO at the track about 6 months ago in my Wk1 with similar mods. Intake, tune, exhaust. The jeep
Pulled hard on the SHO off the line. It took the whole 1/4 for the sho to catch up. It was basically a tie across the finish. Similar ET but SHO trapped higher.

This video seems correct for a moded vs stock.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not that surprised, ECOBOOST is a very good engine with a lot of potential....i am surprised the SHO didnt beat the Jeep even stock
ya i know, I'm very impressed with the Ecoboost in the new F-150..i know someone with one and they love it... id like to see a 335i vs a SHO

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
I don't know , i got a funny felling that a stock WK1 would of destroyed it at least from 0-60 ?

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Says in the beginning the WK2 pulled on the SHO pre tune. But those are boosted a tune does a lot.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
If I got beat by a Taurus I would burn my Jeep...
I'm gonna be on the hunt for a super sho for the ultimate race lol

Sent from my iPad 3G

·
Registered
307 Posts
ya i know, I'm very impressed with the Ecoboost in the new F-150..i know someone with one and they love it... id like to see a 335i vs a SHO
I see lots of tuned SHOs here in metro Detroit, since Livernois is here. They do nice work there. They dyno tuned my old 2007 charger srt8 .

There is a couple at my track and with exhaust and tune an some other things I see them run mid 12s.

They are no match stock for a 335. If both tuned, they are even less of a match if the BMW has a good tune. Lots of low 12 tune only 335s and even a couple in the 11s. Stock they generally go 13.3. Which is better than I ever saw a stock show do.

I actually wanted a SHO until they came out and I drove it. Horrible AWD system, feels like front wheel drive with tons,of torque steer. The left front panel cuts badly into driver leg room and very poor brakes. If you drive a jeep awd or ever drove an Audi, BMW or Subaru by comparison the ford system has a way to go. It does not feel like a good and system in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't know , i got a funny felling that a stock WK1 would of destroyed it at least from 0-60 ?
i dono... u think ur Bimmer can take a SHO?

If I got beat by a Taurus I would burn my Jeep...
lol that would have to be one fast Taurus to beat ur Jeep bro :p

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Please don't try to find me an 8 second Taurus to race, hahahaha
I'm gonna go lurk around a SHO forum and see what they got lol. I'm kind of curious now.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Reactions: 1BAMFR

·
Registered
307 Posts

You mean my BMW? Well it ran 13.4 stock (most SHOs run 13.7ish). It ran 12.7 with just a tune and it ran 11.9 with inter cooler and downpipes. Yes.. No problem....done it at the track many times. In fact, my jeep ran 12.9 stock just a month after I got it this fall, and no stock tarus can even come close

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
I'm going to have to agree with Keoni on this one.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

You mean my BMW? Well it ran 13.4 stock (most SHOs run 13.7ish). It ran 12.7 with just a tune and it ran 11.9 with inter cooler and downpipes. Yes.. No problem....done it at the track many times. In fact, my jeep ran 12.9 stock just a month after I got it this fall, and no stock tarus can even come close
lol no i meant paulo he's got a 7 series.

but 11.9 is fast do u have a i or xi?

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
You mean like this :cool:.........

Love mine........

·
Registered
159 Posts
that taurus is kinda fast..

it would be really embaressing

but ford did pull it off on the eco boost engine

its really mind blowing what an intake and a tune can do to a taurus -.-

but lets try the wk2 srt8 with intake and a proper tune? i wonder who would win :p

·
Registered
69 Posts
Anything with a turbo has great tuning potential. Most manufacturers run turbos on low boost from the factory to increase longevity. Turn up the boost and you will see big power gains. I have owned two turbo cars and both had major power bumps with just a tune.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.