Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i ordered my fri littleboy +4 last night and although ive seen that i dont need to change springs when i swap cam i want to do it anyway to be on the safe side. now my question is where can i buy a good set of aftermarket valve springs for my cam coming in? any help or redirecting i would really appreciate it :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why don't you just buy all if it from the same vendor? That way if you have any issues, you won't have any finger pointing between different shops?

J
Ok I got u so does that mean I can buy the springs from modern warfare performance cause that's where I bought the cam

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup, I'm sure they carry all the head components too! 1511's are nice, but pricey too, if you're going to do the springs, you might as well do the titanium retainers and locators with pushrods and call it a day.
Well I see that MWP has an installation kit with everything except retainers and push rods any ideas where I can pick those up?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Well I see that MWP has an installation kit with everything except retainers and push rods any ideas where I can pick those up?
We have the springs too , PAC is what we carry. I will shoot you a price.

Chris

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We have the springs too , PAC is what we carry. I will shoot you a price.

Chris
Yea I emailed u Chris nd u got back to me nd I already placed order :) nd its been shipped out already if I'm not mistaken

·
Registered
792 Posts
I have the +4 as well and should be going in within the next month or so. My jeep only has 42K on it. Should I really do springs? I was thinking of doing them when I do the intake, heads, and headers. Well that what I’m saving up for. Is that cool or should I think about doing them sooner?

·
Registered
792 Posts
Oso, you should hold off if you're doing the heads soon, unless you want to get all that now and just get a bare ported head later on and swap everything over from your heads to the new bare ported heads. Just another option of course...
I would like to do it all at the same time. Now, I have the cam and I’m impatient when it comes to parts I have in the garage. I would have jumped on those headers but, you know the rest lol. I’m not planning on doing the intake, heads, and headers soon. Maybe not until the fall and I need to save up for it. Also, since I was under the assumption of not needing the spring I haven’t been looking at heads or what would be a good options.....

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
I would like to do it all at the same time. Now, I have the cam and I’m impatient when it comes to parts I have in the garage. I would have jumped on those headers but, you know the rest lol. I’m not planning on doing the intake, heads, and headers soon. Maybe not until the fall and I need to save up for it. Also, since I was under the assumption of not needing the spring I haven’t been looking at heads or what would be a good options.....
According to FRI you do not need Springs for this Cam bro... Alot of people choose to do Springs and pushrods for insurance reasons thats all. I still have stock springs on my Jeep and did install forged pushrods when I did my install.

·
Registered
792 Posts
According to FRI you do not need Springs for this Cam bro... Alot of people choose to do Springs and pushrods for insurance reasons thats all. I still have stock springs on my Jeep and did install forged pushrods when I did my install.
Well the same person that did yours is doing mine lol. So, I’ll be getting the forged pushrods and I don’t remember what he said about the springs. I was just trying to clear it all up. I did read that, that they didn’t require new springs but I know that sell them if I needed them. This should be in within the upcoming months. You like the cam right, but you also have headers? Wonder how it will be without any of that.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Well the same person that did yours is doing mine lol. So, I’ll be getting the forged pushrods and I don’t remember what he said about the springs. I was just trying to clear it all up. I did read that, that they didn’t require new springs but I know that sell them if I needed them. This should be in within the upcoming months. You like the cam right, but you also have headers? Wonder how it will be without any of that.
Yeah no worries bro.... I think you will defintely feel the increase in power for sure not sure how much though. If I had to guess I would think you will still see at least a 30 HP increase with it. What I would do if I was you is get your Jeep Dynoed at a place before you install the cam and then go there after your cam has been installed an dialed in to see the actual increase in HP on your beast. Yeah so far I like the Cam and the Jeep is ripping with it on...

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Durango SRT
6,054 Posts
I have the +4 as well and should be going in within the next month or so. My jeep only has 42K on it. Should I really do springs? I was thinking of doing them when I do the intake, heads, and headers. Well that what I’m saving up for. Is that cool or should I think about doing them sooner?
I would recommend doing springs at the same time. I had a lil boy and broke the exhaust spring on cyl 6 in several places. I got lucky and it didn't mess up the piston. Cheap insurance to do it with the cam.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.