Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was wondering, are there any small things you can do to your Jeep SRT8 which are simple (not a lot of work, no rocket scientist diploma needed, etc), yet have good effects?
For example, the oil catch tank, the thermostat, ... which are actually simple things, yet greatly increase reliability.

Are there any other things like these you can do? Other spark plug cables for example, or anything like that?

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I would do a catch can, cold air intake, and Johan tune. Real simple and basic, it'll wake the beast up and stay reliable.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Registered
418 Posts
these rigs run strong and everything in there is a perfect combo, from the nice tuned oem exhaust to the aggressive cam, and nice flowing heads and more. You can add little things here and there but as someone mentioned the best/first thing to do is get a custom tune because it will really wake up the Jeep. Other than that IMO everything else is a waste of money UNLESS you get forced induction (supercharger or turbo kit). You are not going to see that much of a difference with long tube headers or a cam, and def not much with a $1500 exhaust system. I say get a CAI, catch can ( which def helps, i cant believe how much oil mine had inside after a week), 180 tstat and def a custom tune.

Enjoy :)

· Registered
7,003 Posts
For now at the track you can run vp109 with 6.3% oxygen or sunoco 104 with 4.8% oxygen to get the added hp from the added oxygen until they come up with a tune. I am not even sure it will help even with the added oxygen but on paper it should.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.