Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Lightly Tinted the Heads and Tails

7K views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  SubMafia 
#1 ·
Got these done on Tuesday. I would have liked to go darker on the tails but the wife got a ticket for that on our last jeep, so I thought I would leave well enough alone. Used the XPEL 3M protection film.

Front Before

Front After

Rear Before

Rear After

See less See more
#2 ·
I hate to admit it but I actually like the tails. Anything noticeable on its own looks ghetto IMO. I like that yours are subtly done and it has a nice deep cherry look.

Now the tinted head lights, WTF were you thinkin man! ;D

#4 ·
I was going to put the 3M protection regardless so we went with the lightest shade possible on all the lights.

The pictures actually make it look alot darker then it really is. When I drove it home it was totally dark outside and I actually did not notice much loss of light. The wife didn't even think there was a difference on the light output.

#6 ·
Looking great man! Good job ??

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#8 ·
Looking great man! Good job ����

Sent from my iPhone 4S
Thanks! I am starting to actually like the chrome on the back now that the lights are done. I think adding the grey to the hitch cover balances everything nice. I was going to get the carbon fibre cover for the chrome but I think I am going to leave it now.

#7 ·
The SRT cover photoshopped with the grey?

IMO I would choose either the SRT8 badge or the painted cover. Not both.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#20 ·
Thanks. Like the idea, but think it looks better left alone on a black car. Think I will get that cover even though I don't have a hitch. Looks great......and probably saves the bumper if you ever get tapped back there.
There is 2 different covers, one for hitch(SRT stamped) and one for without(no stamp). They
are different sizes and I don't think they are interchangeable.

Reactions: srt8AM
#14 ·
I think that cover is about $130 at the dealer.

I think this is it. Can anyone verify this is the tow package bezel w/ SRT

SRT Hitch Bezel
68158190AA

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Reactions: srt8AM
#17 ·
I had mine installed the same place where they are going to install the 3M protection on the body panels.

I am sure that any shop that installs 3M protection kits on vehicles can sell you the film to do yourself. It cost me $200 bucks to have the two headlights, two taillights, two bumper lights and the third brake light done.

#25 · (Edited)
I used a film from lineX and I went with the lightest tint for the head lights. Once both are done it looks like its factory. I do have the MG color so it's not as dark looking as the black.

Sorry it's laminx not lineX :)

#26 ·
I used a film from lineX and I went with the lightest tint for the head lights. Once both are done it looks like its factory. I do have the MG color so it's not as dark looking as the black.
I must of missed that. I thought yours were sprayed. I might look into the film route this time. I've done film 2 jeeps ago, last was sprayed. So maybe I need film again.

Can you pm the website for the film?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.